Hairbrush question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hairbrush question

What is the best way to clean a hairbrush?

I have about shoulder length hair, and my brush gets a bunch of hair on it fairly quickly. I usually just pull it off, but there's always still remnants/fluff on the brush.

I'd like to get it much cleaner than that though, because sometimes the fluff comes off in my hair when I brush it.

Back when women wore hose all the time, I used to see the recommendation that you put a piece of nylon deep down in the bristles. Then when you want to clean the brush, just pull the nylon off, and everything else comes up. I guess cheese cloth would work, too....I use a strong, yellow, spray-on detergent from the dollar store to clean the brush. It is called "Awsome". It dissolves any oils instantly, leaving a very clean brush. Hold your breath when you spray that stuff though. It can aerosolize so finely that it gets into your lungs. In fact, I often pour rather than spray it.
    "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

Comment

Thanks Joan

Comment

You can clean your hairbrush easily by putting it in a glass or jar with hot water and either shampoo, dishwashing liquid or a little ammonia. Let it soak for a few minutes, swish it around and rinse.

Comment

hope i can help

Comment

Originally posted by wjcalderon View Post
            You can clean your hairbrush easily by putting it in a glass or jar with hot water and either shampoo, dishwashing liquid or a little ammonia. Let it soak for a few minutes, swish it around and rinse.
            Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X