X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FrugalTexan75
    started a topic Hairbrush question

Hairbrush question

What is the best way to clean a hairbrush?

I have about shoulder length hair, and my brush gets a bunch of hair on it fairly quickly. I usually just pull it off, but there's always still remnants/fluff on the brush.

I'd like to get it much cleaner than that though, because sometimes the fluff comes off in my hair when I brush it.

• FrugalTexan75
    replied
    Originally posted by wjcalderon View Post
    You can clean your hairbrush easily by putting it in a glass or jar with hot water and either shampoo, dishwashing liquid or a little ammonia. Let it soak for a few minutes, swish it around and rinse.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• amigo1989
    replied
    hope i can help

Leave a comment:

• wjcalderon
    replied
    You can clean your hairbrush easily by putting it in a glass or jar with hot water and either shampoo, dishwashing liquid or a little ammonia. Let it soak for a few minutes, swish it around and rinse.

Leave a comment:

• FrugalTexan75
    replied
    Thanks Joan

Leave a comment:

• Joan.of.the.Arch
    replied
    Back when women wore hose all the time, I used to see the recommendation that you put a piece of nylon deep down in the bristles. Then when you want to clean the brush, just pull the nylon off, and everything else comes up. I guess cheese cloth would work, too....I use a strong, yellow, spray-on detergent from the dollar store to clean the brush. It is called "Awsome". It dissolves any oils instantly, leaving a very clean brush. Hold your breath when you spray that stuff though. It can aerosolize so finely that it gets into your lungs. In fact, I often pour rather than spray it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X