I've been reading some extreme frugal living blogs and this really intrigued me. Currently, I rent a 3 bedroom 2 bath house with one other roommate. We split everything 50/50. My cut of the rent is $550, utility is $140, and internet and cable is $50. However, my roommate is moving and I really want to try van dwelling for a couple months to see if this is something I can get into.
I am single, have no debt, and gross 50k. My plan is to buy a house outright by cash flowing the extra money by living in a van and working another part time job. I know this may seem extreme, but I don't really see any other way to make this happen sooner.
Can anybody give me pointers or maybe any bad experiences from living in a car? Maybe talk me out of it.... I don't know. I just want to hear some advice on this topic.
I am single, have no debt, and gross 50k. My plan is to buy a house outright by cash flowing the extra money by living in a van and working another part time job. I know this may seem extreme, but I don't really see any other way to make this happen sooner.
Can anybody give me pointers or maybe any bad experiences from living in a car? Maybe talk me out of it.... I don't know. I just want to hear some advice on this topic.

Because, for the price of rent, surely-- I think to myself-- I can figure out some way to live in a van or station wagon right?
Comment