X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's voting for Donald Trump?

Got debt?
    www.mo-moneyman.com

No. John Kasich!! I'm voting for the underdog because I can't stand anyone else on either side. I encourage others to check him out regardless of which party you are currently a member. And look everywhere you can for information, not just some passing headlines!

The reason most people are so angry and thus Trump is getting some voters, is that no one works together anymore. It's all my way or the highway kinds of attitude. Well this is a democracy...we have to work together.
    My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

Let's make america great again!

Comment

I think people are voting are Trump because they are sick.and.tired of politicians and their bulls%&$ lies. Trump is a wack-o but he is telling it like it is and I think people find him very refreshing and are therefore willing to vote for him even though he's an egomaniac and 100% unqualified to lead the Free World.

I'm voting for Bernie Sanders in the Mass primary tomorrow. I find that I completely and emphatically agree with his platform. Hillary is 'ok' in my eyes, but she doesn't speak from the heart and as Spike Lee says I also believe she is "on the take" RE: Wall Street.

Comment

Originally posted by Snydley View Post
          I think people are voting are Trump because they are sick.and.tired of politicians and their bulls%&$ lies.
          Bingo.

Trump is a wack-o but he is telling it like it is
          First you call him wack-o and then you agree with him.

and I think people find him very refreshing and are therefore willing to vote for him
          Bingo again.

even though he's an egomaniac and 100% unqualified to lead the Free World.
          Unlike the last couple presidents who were very "qualified" and led the "Free World" to universal acclaim? Name one country that likes us. I will PayPal you one USD.

And for everyone attacking Trump for his bankruptcies, he wouldn't be the first president to have declared bankruptcy. Reference: http://www.thinkadvisor.com/2012/09/...lly?page_all=1

We've had poor people, a black man, rich men, poor students, lawyers, philosophers and great visionaries become president. I am of the opinion that everyone is unique and from what I've seen it's true. We've had more than a few oddball presidents. Reference: http://listverse.com/2014/06/30/10-s...nts-have-done/

Let the people speak. We deserve whomever our "representatives" elect.

Comment

Originally posted by creditcardfree View Post
            The reason most people are so angry and thus Trump is getting some voters, is that no one works together anymore. It's all my way or the highway kinds of attitude. Well this is a democracy...we have to work together.
            ^^^This.

Trump is an abhorrent blowhard, with Cruz singing backup. Rubio is justifying his candidacy simply by not being Trump/Cruz. Sanders has a failing grasp on reality. Clinton is a classic double-talking & untrustworthy politician.

I am truly & deeply disturbed by the presidential candidates this go-round, and refuse to vote for any of them. I keep hoping against hope that some new candidates will announce & take over public opinion in a whirlwind campaign. Excepting that almost-nil possibility....... Given my choice, I would wipe the slate clean, bar the current candidates, and start over from scratch.

American politics has become a sham. We need intelligent folks capable of reason, compromise, and who are actual servants of the people.... Not people dead-set on driving wedges between massive portions of our population in order to wield individual power, personal influence, and self-enrichment. I simply refuse to be a part of it, and I'm unwilling to support any of the fools presently in the race, because I see no good for our country coming out of any of them. As with CCF, I feel like the most beneficial thing I could do at this point is to vote for the smallest underdog possible, simply to negate a vote by somebody else for one of the leading idiots.

With that said, Clinton is going to be the next president. Why? Because none of the Republicans are electable, and neither is Sanders. Clinton will overpower Sanders (probably already has), and whoever the Republicans toss up will flounder with no collective support due to the the vast divisions growing ever-wider within the Republican party. How sickening....

I've seen some very tempting opportunities that involve becoming an Australian........
            Last edited by kork13; 02-29-2016, 05:17 PM.
            "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

Comment

I think people are voting are Trump because they are sick.and.tired of politicians and their bulls%&$ lies. Trump is a wack-o but he is telling it like it is and I think people find him very refreshing and are therefore willing to vote for him even though he's an egomaniac and 100% unqualified to lead the Free World.

I'm voting for Bernie Sanders in the Mass primary tomorrow. I find that I completely and emphatically agree with his platform. Hillary is 'ok' in my eyes, but she doesn't speak from the heart and as Spike Lee says I also believe she is "on the take" RE: Wall Street.
              I am guessing that there are very few Bernie Sander supporters on this forum because most people here are not a big fan of government handouts and higher taxes. Peeps here are trying to be responsible to get ahead, and are not into redistribution of wealth for those who are not responsible(ie. higher taxes for those who are doing well).

With that being said, I am a Bernie supporter because I believe in taking money out of politics and strengthening the middle class through education. I also want reduced healthcare spending and universal healthcare with the private sector ala carte.

I could care less about Mexicans or Muslims being deported. They are not terrorist or rapists so Americans need to calm the F down. If you think Mexicans are taking your job, then maybe you need to wake up at dawn and pick rice harder than they can(or get yourself an education). (so far this is the only thing I know or heard about Trump..he has no policies on anything else except how everyone is weak and we need to build a wall....)

I am not looking for any kind of handout myself, and my taxes will most likely go up with Bernie being the president. But if he reduces our healthcare bill by having most of my tax dollars actually SPENT on the CARE and not on CEO's jet fuel, then go at it Hoss.

One thing I know about rich Americans is that they know how to play with people's money (of course not all, just people on wall street). A lot of rich people spends a lot of time creating nothing except ways to put your money into their pockets. We need more Google and less hedge fund billionaires.

Comment

Originally Posted by Snydley View Post
                Trump is a wack-o but he is telling it like it is
                First you call him wack-o and then you agree with him.
                Sorry, I wrote a bit on the fly, I mean he "tells it like it is" in his own mind (not reality).

Originally Posted by Snydley View Post
                even though he's an egomaniac and 100% unqualified to lead the Free World.
                Unlike the last couple presidents who were very "qualified" and led the "Free World" to universal acclaim? Name one country that likes us. I will PayPal you one USD.
                Who said anything about universal acclaim? I think Obama is highly qualified to be our president.

I am guessing that there are very few Bernie Sander supporters on this forum because most people here are not a big fan of government handouts and higher taxes.
                I don't understand the "big government" concerns. We're ok with paying taxes for our kids' education (through high school) but not our health care? How does that make sense? The cost of college now is RIDICULOUS, with interest rates on student loans at 8%? Are you kidding me? The uber-rich making profits off our college kids, it's disgusting.

Sanders has a failing grasp on reality.
                I believe in his ideals - why are they so crazy, so impossible? Even if he can't bring his promises to fruition, I genuinely believe in him and would want someone who has his convictions. It's impossible to tell what Hillary REALLY cares about, she's just phony (even though I like most of what she says).

I am not looking for any kind of handout myself, and my taxes will most likely go up with Bernie being the president. But if he reduces our healthcare bill by having most of my tax dollars actually SPENT on the CARE and not on CEO's jet fuel, then go at it Hoss.

Comment

I don't understand the "big government" concerns. We're ok with paying taxes for our kids' education (through high school) but not our health care? How does that make sense? The cost of college now is RIDICULOUS, with interest rates on student loans at 8%? Are you kidding me? The uber-rich making profits off our college kids, it's disgusting.
                  Actually a true republican is not cool with our tax dollars going to education. I think those who are into small governments just want the government to provide a solid military. They rather pay less taxes and pick their own schools.

Also I don't see the interest on student loans as being very high. These are very risky people (people without any credit nor do we check their credit) we are letting borrow massive(like 250k massive) amounts of money with NO collateral! You can't compare student loans to your mortgage loans or a car loan. I label it as a reasonability priced personal loan if anything. And honestly, given that most students use their federal loans not on just tuition, but also on luxury apartments, dinners, and alcohol..it's pretty much a personal loan for irresponsible children.

If you really compare the risk of a student loan note to a mortgage note..the risk is night and day. Mortgage has collateral AND there's a cap on the amount you can borrow. The cap is based on your actual monthly earnings(debt to income ratio of 36%). Now look at a student loan..there's no cap..there's no debt to income ratio calculation. We pretty much just throw money blindly at 18 yr olds hoping they can finish their education (59% chance here) and pay us back. Given that MOST majors you study in a University actually yields no return, I would charge them 35% if I can just to be fair about this. Honest to truth, that 8% is highly subsidized in the real world.
                  Last edited by Singuy; 02-29-2016, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Nope!

As a registered republican, who consider herself as a moderate conservative, if Gov. Kasich is in the race for the Florida primary, I'll be voting for him. As far as Trump goes, if he wins the nomination I'll be voting for Hillary or Bernie.

Comment

Originally posted by Singuy View Post
                      I am guessing that there are very few Bernie Sander supporters on this forum because most people here are not a big fan of government handouts and higher taxes.
                      I support Bernie for the reasons you listed.

With respect to Donald Trump, he is a loose cannon without that built-in regulator that most people have, which prevents rude and salty comments from ever coming out. It's that little voice in our head that says, "Maybe you shouldn't say that." I suspect a lot of people don't actually like him, and that his popularity is more a result of people not liking the opposition.

Comment

I like smaller government and lower taxes but I leaning more towards Bernie Sanders because of Trump. Go figure!
                        Got debt?
                        www.mo-moneyman.com

Comment

I am deleting this post because I was not nice to Singuy at all but you can still read it in his post if you're curious, lol
                          Last edited by FLA; 02-29-2016, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Trump would be a disaster as President. He is way too thin skinned, arrogant, and irrational to hold the highest office in the land. It's actually frightening to imagine a person of this nature holding the power of the world's largest military and nuclear arsenal in his hands. Aside from personality, he's also completely unqualified for the job.

Typically, I am a third party voter, but I would have to make an exception this year if Trump is a major candidate in the race for the White House. At this point, my position is anybody but Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by FLA View Post
                              hmm, this is a very loaded comment. I won't even comment how offensive it is to the groups that need a helping hand. I'm sure you are aware that Welfare is not an indefinite program, that the poor got screwed on the Welfare to Work deal because the job training happens rarely and the low cost daycare that was supposed to happen pretty much never did. Not every poor kid is able to pull themselves out of their family's hole and walk into great college scholarships and then high paying careers. That is the American Myth; that if you try hard enough you will get the American Dream. Poverty is a cycle we have barely scratched the surface on reducing. I'm sure you know how strict the rules are to get SNAP and the program only has 3% "welfare cheats".

I'm about to receive Social Security for disability. Am I someone who chose to be irresponsible and now I expect the government to give me hand outs? Actually, no, I worked 23 years paying into Social Security and my benefit (quite small and likely impossible to live on, my retirement monies will make up the difference) is something I earned. But because of comments like above, I feel shame getting Social Security and that I paid for it fades into the background.

Having spent 8 years doing home care in the worst of our ghettos, I can assure you the people are not what you say, they are not irresponsible and the vast majority never take advantage of a program they are not appropriate for. They are actually a lot like you and me, only they got the short end of the stick and it was covered in ****.

Bernie voter here. I am happy to pay my taxes when I know they are being appropriated correctly. Not when they are paying for senseless, endless war mongering. More should be allocated to social programs to grow a new country of strong individuals who actually benefited from the programs. They were able to get training or community college paid so the poorest amongst us can have the quality of jobs we have.

perhaps you grew up poor below the poverty line in the ghetto, you rose above it and you still hold these beliefs, but somehow I doubt it. If you didn't, if you were fortunate enough to not grow up this way and you have not worked with the poorest of the poor, if you don't know the ins and outs of various programs, then your comments really should have little merit.

I am surprised to hear these comments from you, frankly. I generally agree with the advice you give, etc.
                              I think you took what I said the wrong way. I was explaining the possibility of few Bernie supporters on the forum since from what I can tell, people who are very conservative with their money tends to vote for the conservative party. You may have no read anything past the quote you posted.

Of course we know one of the biggest republican in existence is Dave Ramsey, and we preach a lot of things he say daily. If you listen to his political rants, you can see r how republican rhetoric appease to the savers. He is not in favor of big government, and hates how people want the government to solve their problems, when the debt and their poverty are self created. He never advocates for handouts and pretty much condemn people who wants hand out as weak and not willing to get out of debt by themselves.

You may have to read what I wrote again. I merely generalized what people who have our mindset may identify with. It's perfectly legitimate for us to sympathize less with the poor because a lot of us were once poor and got out of it ourselves (with some government help). If you sympathize more with the poor because of the same reason and that's perfectly find as well. There's really no right or wrong to that.

And yes, I was an immigrant and my past was definitely on the poverty line. Most of our furniture was from the dumpster which lead to pretty bad flea outbreak when I was young. We lived a good 8 years with thousands of roaches in our apt before my parents saved enough for a nice house.

I am a Bernie supporter because I believe social programs(such as free education, free lunch, social security disability, free health insurance for children) helped us get out of the poverty threshold. I want a strong middle class because it's the foundation of a solid society. I always advocated for the super rich to pay more in taxes while reducing taxes for lower income earners. People who makes 5 million a year doesn't have to worry about saving up a down payment on a house...or the cost of day care. Their lives are set so I wouldn't even cry about them being taxed at 70%. Eventually when you are that rich..you can't even stop making money. Money just comes to you whether you want it or not.

I may even be a rare breed of Bernie supporter who is part of the 1%.
                              Last edited by Singuy; 02-29-2016, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X