Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here use a vision board to help reach your financial goals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone here use a vision board to help reach your financial goals?

I recently wrote a piece about a study that found visualizing your success and putting visual reminders of your goals places you'll see them regularly make it easier to save money. In fact, people that did this save 73% more than people who don't focus on what they are working towards and why it will make them happy.

Jackie Beck, mentioned in the article, is a personal finance blogger who (along with her husband) paid off $147K in debt. Now, she is crossing things off her bucket list while remaining debt-free. She says much of this is because of vision boards and visualizing her success.

What do you think? Do any of you use vision boards? Where do you keep them? I'm intrigued by the idea of it...
    Here's the science to saving money that will help you reach financial freedom. It has already helped some increase their savings by 73%.

I know that a lot of motivational speakers advocate writing down your goals in a journal daily and constantly revisiting them.
    Same concept I guess.

I don't have a board or anything that I use to write mine down currently.
    I have however, considered doing something like this and pinning it to my fridge since I go in there multiple times a day
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by bjl584 View Post
      I know that a lot of motivational speakers advocate writing down your goals in a journal daily and constantly revisiting them.
      Same concept I guess.

I don't have a board or anything that I use to write mine down currently.
      I have however, considered doing something like this and pinning it to my fridge since I go in there multiple times a day
      I am big on writing things down in general. For whatever reason - it just makes me remember things. I still keep a paper calendar, in fact (and we use it a paper calendar to organize our budget).

The idea of a vision board, though, seems like arts and crafts time haha. And I'm not honestly sure where I'd keep it (we live in a 500 sq ft studio apartment).

Comment

I don't have a vision board, but I do have clearly defined goals. One thing I'm doing this year that's helping me manage my finances is tracking! I write down everything I spend in a notebook on a daily basis.
        james.c.hendrickson@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by james.hendrickson View Post
          I don't have a vision board, but I do have clearly defined goals. One thing I'm doing this year that's helping me manage my finances is tracking! I write down everything I spend in a notebook on a daily basis.
          This is something we've been getting better about doing too so we can see where our money is going.

Comment

At my house I have a white board with my general financial information listed. Checking, Savings, IRA, 401K, I only update it about once a month though.

At work, next to my desk I currently have "14 / 32" marked in the top corner. Anyone who comes in my office looks at it a bit funny but then gets on about business. They don't realize it is the progress I've made on my truck fund.

Previously when I had a mortgage, I used it to count down, 100 all the way to 2. The funny thing is I changed offices right when I paid off the house so the board went into storage for a bit. Now the 2 is permanently stained on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by myrdale View Post
              At my house I have a white board with my general financial information listed. Checking, Savings, IRA, 401K, I only update it about once a month though.

At work, next to my desk I currently have "14 / 32" marked in the top corner. Anyone who comes in my office looks at it a bit funny but then gets on about business. They don't realize it is the progress I've made on my truck fund.

Previously when I had a mortgage, I used it to count down, 100 all the way to 2. The funny thing is I changed offices right when I paid off the house so the board went into storage for a bit. Now the 2 is permanently stained on the board.
              We've been considering getting a white board or something similar just for leaving notes, reminders, etc. but it would also be a great way for us to track and SEE our progress every day. Good idea!

Comment

Working...
              X