I'm just here to brag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just here to brag

Man it feels good to see hard work pay off. That hard work will be completely paid off in 5 more months!

Nice chart. Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations. I'm curious, is "savings" cash savings, retirement savings, a combination of both?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob B. View Post
        Congratulations. I'm curious, is "savings" cash savings, retirement savings, a combination of both?
        It's just cash. I'm 28 right now, so I don't log into my retirement account every day like I do my bank account. I just watch it go out of my paycheck and forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by herdjohnson View Post
          It's just cash. I'm 28 right now, so I don't log into my retirement account every day like I do my bank account. I just watch it go out of my paycheck and forget about it.
          Ah - then this means your net worth is likely higher than what your chart reflects. I know you are focused on debt payoff right now, but once that beast has been slayed you may want to start focusing on net worth (which would include retirement savings plus any other assets you acquire such as a home). Nice work!

Comment

You rock!
            Kill the debt, before it kills you!

Comment

Originally posted by scfr View Post
              Ah - then this means your net worth is likely higher than what your chart reflects. I know you are focused on debt payoff right now, but once that beast has been slayed you may want to start focusing on net worth (which would include retirement savings plus any other assets you acquire such as a home). Nice work!
              Will do! Can't wait to start focusing on the positives instead of the negatives, so to speak

Comment

Crossed over to positive net worth I see. Good job and keep at it.
                Brian

Comment

Great job !
                  Refreshing to see a few folks getting a true handle on their personal financial picture.

Comment

Awesome job! I should myself be debt free around age 28, I can't wait!

Comment

What did you use to get the chart? I'm interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                        What did you use to get the chart? I'm interested.
                        My budget is in Excel. It's just a standard excel chart.

Comment

Looking at the chart, there are a few instances of your savings taking a dip in correlation with your debt going down. Did you make a few lump sum payments on things over the past couple years? Just curious.
                          Brian

Comment

Yes, this is all debt I married into, so I played the shell game with balance transfers there for a while until we whittled it all down. Those lump sums you see are usually my payoff before the 0% interest period expired. I've also made a few lump sum payments resulting from signing bonus and PTO payouts from changing jobs. That's where the debt had a large decrease without a corresponding decrease in savings.

Comment

Originally posted by herdjohnson View Post
                              Yes, this is all debt I married into, so I played the shell game with balance transfers there for a while until we whittled it all down. Those lump sums you see are usually my payoff before the 0% interest period expired. I've also made a few lump sum payments resulting from signing bonus and PTO payouts from changing jobs. That's where the debt had a large decrease without a corresponding decrease in savings.
                              yes, I see where your debt dropped nearly 20K in a few months.
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X