Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to pay my debts but the creditor never confirm the amount owed

Hi everyone,

I am new here and need your advice. I have a personal debts with someone around $2,900. However, the creditor doesn't agree with that amount and always says that it is around $4,000 - $5,000.

However, I have asked them to show me the evidences but I never got anything back from them. It's been over a month now.

Today, the creditor tell me to go to QCAT if I don't agree to the amount. How can I do that? when;

1. They never confirm the exact amount of money. All they say is just "around $4,000 - 5,000"
    2. They never show me the evidences or explain it to me.

What should I do with this type of person!!!! I have $2,900 with me now but how can I pay when they think I owe them more than that.

Please help

Originally posted by clairely View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am new here and need your advice. I have a personal debts with someone around $2,900. However, the creditor doesn't agree with that amount and always says that it is around $4,000 - $5,000.

However, I have asked them to show me the evidences but I never got anything back from them. It's been over a month now.

Today, the creditor tell me to go to QCAT if I don't agree to the amount. How can I do that? when;

1. They never confirm the exact amount of money. All they say is just "around $4,000 - 5,000"

What should I do with this type of person!!!! I have $2,900 with me now but how can I pay when they think I owe them more than that.

Please help
    If they don't have written proof than it doesn't exist, period.

Tell them to go pound sand.

Comment

Originally posted by Weird Tolkienish Figure View Post
      If they don't have written proof than it doesn't exist, period.

Tell them to go pound sand.
      Agreed. It is their responsibility to document the debt, not yours. If they can't even tell you how much you owe, it's pretty clear that they don't have a clue. I'd ignore them.
      Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
      * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
      * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Please help
        Have you asked in writing? Here is some good info from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, a government agency:

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/askcf...-owe-when.html

Comment

Are you in the US? How old is this debt? This sounds extremely fishy.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you everyone, I am in Australia. I have contacted Financial counsellors, they will get back to me soon. I hope I can sort it out asap.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Please help

If they don't show you any of the evidence that says that your debt is 4 to 5k dollars, then you can file for a petition for that.

Comment

Working...
              X