Lloyd Anderson Debt Management Scam!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyd Anderson Debt Management Scam!!!!

I am 69 years old and unfortunately got into debt when my wife passed away. I have been trying everything I can to get out of debt but nothing seemed to work. I got a phone call from this company called Lloyd Anderson and spoke with an Indian lady called Samantha (strange). She told me all about the plan and that it was quite cheap and meant my debt would be reduced so much I would be debt free in 18 months!!

I asked her to send me an information pack and she took a few details over the phone. When the pack came none of what she had told me was in there. It said nothing about what she had promised me so I didn't return it. Today I received my bank statement to see that 280 had been taken out of my account by them! I never asked for this to be done and instantly tried to call them which funnily enough there was no answer and then no-one was available to speak with me!?

All I want is my money back! They claim to be able to help people but all they do is SCAM the older generation into giving up our pension to pay their wage! If anybody knows about this company or has experience please tell me what to do? To anybody thinking of joining them....DON'T waster your time or money!!!!!

How did this company get access to your bank account and routing numbers?

You can dispute this withdraw with your bank. It may take some time, but you should be able to get your money back.

In the meantime, have your bank change your account number. Close out your current accounts and open a new one.
    Brian

Comment

If your need help with your debt management, use this forum. Its free!!!

Comment

I am very sorry about the loss of your wife.

In the future, NEVER give out your bank account info to someone who calls you on the phone. They are asking for one reason: to deduct money from your account.

If you want to post more details about your situation, you will get some feedback on how you might handle your debt.

Comment

I'm really sorry that you are having to deal with this Adam.

The first thing you need to do is contact your bank and report the incident. Do this immediately. They can help you lock down your money so that further unauthorized withdrawals are not made against your accounts. This is very important. Now that this company has successfully made one withdrawal, they will likely not only try again - they will possibly sell your account information to other fraudulent scammers.

You also need to contact your local police. They can help you fill out fraud reports and also put you in contact with whatever local State and Federal agencies are available who attempt to track and prosecute such cases. Write down everything you can remember and keep all those papers which were sent to you.

Please don't be embarrassed by what has happened. Many Senior Citizens are afraid to report such activity to officials because they don't like it to be known they fell into this situation. Rest assured that what has happened to you has happened to thousands of others young and old. There is no shame in reporting that you have been robbed.

Comment

I think there is a special place in hell for people who target seniors for their scams.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamBon View Post
              I am 69 years old and unfortunately got into debt when my wife passed away. I have been trying everything I can to get out of debt but nothing seemed to work. I got a phone call from this company called Lloyd Anderson and spoke with an Indian lady called Samantha (strange). She told me all about the plan and that it was quite cheap and meant my debt would be reduced so much I would be debt free in 18 months!!

I asked her to send me an information pack and she took a few details over the phone. When the pack came none of what she had told me was in there. It said nothing about what she had promised me so I didn't return it. Today I received my bank statement to see that 280 had been taken out of my account by them! I never asked for this to be done and instantly tried to call them which funnily enough there was no answer and then no-one was available to speak with me!?

All I want is my money back! They claim to be able to help people but all they do is SCAM the older generation into giving up our pension to pay their wage! If anybody knows about this company or has experience please tell me what to do? To anybody thinking of joining them....DON'T waster your time or money!!!!!
              Think of it as a good lesson because you are not getting that money back. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Comment

Originally posted by asmom View Post
                Think of it as a good lesson because you are not getting that money back. I'm sorry that happened to you.
                I wouldn't just assume that. If the charge was unauthorized then he may be able to get it back. He should contact his bank and ask.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with this company. It's terrible that these people would choose to mislead you the way they did just to get you to use their service.

Your best option would be to dispute the charge with your bank. As long as you did not agree to sign up yet and get charged, you should be able to make a complaint and request for a refund.

Comment

By the way, do you still have this company's phone number? I strongly suggest you report it to Callercenter.com to raise a warning and to the FTC to have them investigated and penalized.

Comment

Working...
                    X