our plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

our plan

We now have a $40.000 irs bill. Our plan is pay it off in 24 months or less:

we dropped dish $69 month
    we dropped internet (hence on a friends right now1 lol) $59 month
    selling things on ebay from my friends internet and the library
    dropped the landline $72 month
    kids are gone so we had quit gardening, but going back to it this year to try (planted seeds in jiffy pots with my friend last night to get the ball rolling) and put our food bill back like it was in the 70's-90's when we gardened full time--we bought only flour, sugar, salt and a few spices. We do have one milk cow, so will be milking her, back to making all scratch and hunting or growing our own food (including our beef, port, fish, deer and elk) saving around $400 month or more
    apply the former mortgage payment towards it $1600 month
    increase my childcare by one kid (to put myself back up to full status) $600 month
    send every extra penny to it
    husband to pick up one overtime day a month-extra $800
    will check into changing our auto insurance but I think we already have a $500 or $750 deductable.
    doing mypoints to earn some gift cards

Originally posted by 2bfrugal View Post
    husband to pick up one overtime day a month-extra $800
    I think the plan looks good but I have a question about this. Is that $800/month extra from one day of OT? If so, why only one day? You could knock this debt out pretty darn quick if he could do a little more OT.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
      I think the plan looks good but I have a question about this. Is that $800/month extra from one day of OT? If so, why only one day? You could knock this debt out pretty darn quick if he could do a little more OT.
      Guessing this was supposed to be 1 day a week, which brings in $800/mo

Comment

Originally posted by riverwed070707 View Post
        Guessing this was supposed to be 1 day a week, which brings in $800/mo
        No, that is one day a month--he is only allowed 1 day overtime a month at the current time, because it has to be equalized between all employees in his plant. But, if he works it on a Sunday (Sunday overtime earns more than overtime any other day of the week), following a Saturday shift, after taxes he earns $800.

Comment

Originally posted by 2bfrugal View Post
          No, that is one day a month--he is only allowed 1 day overtime a month at the current time, because it has to be equalized between all employees in his plant. But, if he works it on a Sunday (Sunday overtime earns more than overtime any other day of the week), following a Saturday shift, after taxes he earns $800.
          Too bad. That would be sweet if he could do it 2 or 3 times/month.
          Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

I notice you cut your landline - do you have cell phones? I'd be concerned having no way to contact someone.

Comment

In addition to mypoints you can try swagbucks and inboxdollars. Swagbucks makes it easy to earn Amazon giftcards...I get 2 to 3 per month without much effort.

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
                A very good question that needs to be answer! If you could pull a little more OT then surely you'll be back in just a short time!

Comment

Originally posted by ecoadapt View Post
                  A very good question that needs to be answer! If you could pull a little more OT then surely you'll be back in just a short time!
                  OP already answered this. See above.
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by NuggetBrain View Post
                    I notice you cut your landline - do you have cell phones? I'd be concerned having no way to contact someone.
                    As a licensed daycare provider I am required to have a phone, so yes, we have cell phones. We only pay for one, as the husbands is provided by his work place.

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnaC123 View Post
                      In addition to mypoints you can try swagbucks and inboxdollars. Swagbucks makes it easy to earn Amazon giftcards...I get 2 to 3 per month without much effort.
                      Been doing both of these for quite some time. MyPoints usually funds a good part of our Christmas (gift cards)

Comment

Working...
                      X