The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

Smarty Pig/ savings goals

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alan_MoneySanity
    replied
    I love the social media function where you can add your savings goals to your facebook page. Works great with all sorts of things from charities to saving for weddings.

    Leave a comment:


  • m.f.walters
    replied
    Originally posted by investingnoob View Post
    I joined SmartyPig a few months ago. I am very pleased with them. The whole goal tracking, and being able to separate goals is what got me in.
    For instance I have an Car fund, an EF, and a Vacation goal set up.
    Also I like their high interest rates, and you can redeem your goals for gift cards to get more money back.
    I've also got my girlfriend set up, she is an ex-big spender and I'm converting her to a saver.
    Though she cant afford to save much right now, but every dollar counts.

    I definitely recommend Smartypig for you.
    is it complicated to set up? and also I was reading about the idea of sharing your savings goals with other savers? Do you share your progress?

    Leave a comment:


  • m.f.walters
    replied
    Originally posted by Slug View Post
    1.75% is a very good rate. Are there issues around how quickly you can withdraw $?
    I think it is like Ing Direct, where I currently have a savings acct at 1.10%...a couple days to get a withdrawal. If I keep a small emergency fund in a local bank, I figure any emergency larger than that could wait a couple days? or I could use a credit card in a super emergency and pay it back as soon as the transfer of funds came through.

    Leave a comment:


  • Slug
    replied
    1.75% is a very good rate. Are there issues around how quickly you can withdraw $?

    Leave a comment:


  • investingnoob
    replied
    I joined SmartyPig a few months ago. I am very pleased with them. The whole goal tracking, and being able to separate goals is what got me in.
    For instance I have an Car fund, an EF, and a Vacation goal set up.
    Also I like their high interest rates, and you can redeem your goals for gift cards to get more money back.
    I've also got my girlfriend set up, she is an ex-big spender and I'm converting her to a saver.
    Though she cant afford to save much right now, but every dollar counts.

    I definitely recommend Smartypig for you.

    Leave a comment:


  • m.f.walters
    started a topic Smarty Pig/ savings goals

    Smarty Pig/ savings goals

    Anyone have any experience with Smarty Pig savings accounts and savings goals? was looking for some kind of spreadsheet/goal tracker as we save our 6 month emergency fund....I love visuals and find them motivating. Any ideas?
Working...
X