Smarty Pig/ savings goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smarty Pig/ savings goals

Anyone have any experience with Smarty Pig savings accounts and savings goals? was looking for some kind of spreadsheet/goal tracker as we save our 6 month emergency fund....I love visuals and find them motivating. Any ideas?

I joined SmartyPig a few months ago. I am very pleased with them. The whole goal tracking, and being able to separate goals is what got me in.
    For instance I have an Car fund, an EF, and a Vacation goal set up.
    Also I like their high interest rates, and you can redeem your goals for gift cards to get more money back.
    I've also got my girlfriend set up, she is an ex-big spender and I'm converting her to a saver.
    Though she cant afford to save much right now, but every dollar counts.

I definitely recommend Smartypig for you.

Comment

1.75% is a very good rate. Are there issues around how quickly you can withdraw $?

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
        1.75% is a very good rate. Are there issues around how quickly you can withdraw $?
        I think it is like Ing Direct, where I currently have a savings acct at 1.10%...a couple days to get a withdrawal. If I keep a small emergency fund in a local bank, I figure any emergency larger than that could wait a couple days? or I could use a credit card in a super emergency and pay it back as soon as the transfer of funds came through.

Comment

Originally posted by investingnoob View Post
          I joined SmartyPig a few months ago. I am very pleased with them. The whole goal tracking, and being able to separate goals is what got me in.
          For instance I have an Car fund, an EF, and a Vacation goal set up.
          Also I like their high interest rates, and you can redeem your goals for gift cards to get more money back.
          I've also got my girlfriend set up, she is an ex-big spender and I'm converting her to a saver.
          Though she cant afford to save much right now, but every dollar counts.

I definitely recommend Smartypig for you.
          is it complicated to set up? and also I was reading about the idea of sharing your savings goals with other savers? Do you share your progress?

Comment

I love the social media function where you can add your savings goals to your facebook page. Works great with all sorts of things from charities to saving for weddings.

Comment

Working...
            X