Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money saving tips while moving house.

Here are some money saving tips while you move your house:

1. Use plastic containers, cartons or recycled cardboard boxes.
    2. The peak moving season is the summer and itís the most expensive one. Move during the off season and you will skip the high costs.
    3. Sell your unwanted furniture or Offer it to your local charity shop.
    4. You should pack on your own.

5. Do a serious purge of unnecessary items before your move.

Comment

I am agree with your tip shaggy, Unnecessary things must be removed first otherwise these will create problems in your move.

Comment

You can have a garage sale on your backyard. This will help you get over those things that you know will have a good new owner. Packing on your own is a good choice before a move.

Comment

Also taking quotations from different transporter does helps in understanding ways to save costs. Also plastic needs to be used to replace other expensive card board for shifting purpose.

Comment

I don't generally think that plastic containers are a much better option. If stored and used for other purpose, yes, but if they are thrown away after some time, then I'd advise anyone to go with recycled cardboard boxes, or simply recycle the boxes they use for the move, as we all know they can be a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by bestmove View Post
              I don't generally think that plastic containers are a much better option. If stored and used for other purpose, yes, but if they are thrown away after some time, then I'd advise anyone to go with recycled cardboard boxes, or simply recycle the boxes they use for the move, as we all know they can be a lot.
              I agree. I always get boxes for free from local stores that would be tossing them anyway. For my last move I was able to get all the boxes I needed for free from a Kohls.

Comment

thank for sharing your tips we should remove unused things before moving home

Comment

Clever, just moved a few months ago and couldn't used some of these :/ oh well for the next house then.

Comment

Totally agree with you here, my friend, the packing and moving can get boring but for me it is always a new beginning and an exciting process here in the UK we have a lot of moving companies my favorite one is man with a van and your point that you can't deal with big moves without real professionals is a strong one this guy helped me not once but 4 times already from state to state no matter which season or which circumstances highly professional extremely friendly and so well priced it is a shock every single time that such companies exist I recommended them to a lot of my friends and every single one of them remained very pleased and surprised how much time money and nerves they saved if I was the CEO of the company I would gladly expand such greatness to the other continents this is a one great company.
                    Last edited by JAbbot1985; 05-24-2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X