Long story short, our out of warranty vehicle has had an issue for the last couple of years which I feel should have never happened to begin with (non mechanical part). Talked with the dealer and of course they said I would have to pay the repair costs myself because it was out of warranty. So, I figured it was worth writing an email to the manufactures customer service to see if they could be of any help. After going back and forth for a month they ended up telling me they'd be up for paying for some of the repair costs once I received an official diagnose from my dealer. Unfortunately the cost for this diagnose is well over $1,300. Not something I want to pay for especially if they might not cover the entire cost.
Not taking no for an answer but appreciating the offer, I wrote a nice honest letter (snail mail) to the President of this car manufacture explaining my situation and asked if he could be of any help. Sure enough I got a phone call this morning telling me to bring my car into the dealership and they'll cover the entire repair cost. Nice to see a company do the right thing for once, especially when it's a part that was never expected to break in the first place. Moral of the story, it pays to go to the top when you feel you're right about something. Over the years I've had a few different companies do the right thing like this, it just takes a little patience.
Not taking no for an answer but appreciating the offer, I wrote a nice honest letter (snail mail) to the President of this car manufacture explaining my situation and asked if he could be of any help. Sure enough I got a phone call this morning telling me to bring my car into the dealership and they'll cover the entire repair cost. Nice to see a company do the right thing for once, especially when it's a part that was never expected to break in the first place. Moral of the story, it pays to go to the top when you feel you're right about something. Over the years I've had a few different companies do the right thing like this, it just takes a little patience.

Comment