Donating Plasma: Quick Way To Make Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donating Plasma: Quick Way To Make Money

If you happen to live in a large city, you should be able to find a clinic that will pay you somewhere around $35 for your plasma. Most of these clinics will allow you to donate two times a week meaning up to an extra $70 a week.

Some centers will give you free brief physical exam before you give your first donation. So, your first visit may take a bit longer.

Comment

Sorry but what is Plasma? The only thing that comes from my mind is the TV.

Comment

Wikipedia: Blood plasma

Associated Content: An Easy Guide to Donating Plasma

Comment

I did this in college. Was $15 then but was still good back in the 80's. It helps a lot of people as well.
          "Those who can't remember the past are condemmed to repeat it".- George Santayana.

Comment

LOL. That's that first thing that pops out of my mind when I've read the thread title.

Originally posted by Frugalway View Post
            Sorry but what is Plasma? The only thing that comes from my mind is the TV.

Comment

I did this in grad school. They gave a bonus for donating the second time of a week. I think it was $25 for the first time and $45 for the second. I went every week for 3 months because I didn't have enough money to pay my taxes (scholarships are taxed, but all went to paying tuition). But, I did it.

Comment

i use to do that with my buddy. but it's kinda lame because to take plasma out of your blood they have to spin it, so it winds up taking about thirty to forty minutes to donate. We stopped doing it because it was only like $10 or 15 a time, but for a higher amount it would definitely be worth it!

Comment

I've heard of people doing this but it just sounds so wrong! But I guess if you need money you need money...

Comment

The true event of selling blood.....

True story, when I was younger and my dad needed money, I went with him to the local blood center and he donated plasma. He got like 13 bucks, I think. It wasn't a lot, for sure, but when you have nothing, then it is something. I remember that the blood center was in a poor area of the city, and that it was primarily poor people selling their blood.

I did look into selling my blood, as extreme as that my same. I figured it would help other people, I would be revitalized with new blood, etc. Well, couldn't find any in my city. So, I guess I will stick with the regular blood donations.

Comment

Originally posted by amandasfinances View Post
                      I've heard of people doing this but it just sounds so wrong! But I guess if you need money you need money...
                      Some may do this strictly to get cash but it is vitally needed by many people. They might do it for the "wrong" reasons but it helps others survive who might not otherwise.
                      "Those who can't remember the past are condemmed to repeat it".- George Santayana.

Comment

okay why they donate plasma? this is for what purpose? sorry but maybe i am just being slow on this one.

Comment

People donate plasma either to make money or be altruistic.

Plasma is used to treat disease and burns, etc:
                          Human plasma is an essential starting material for therapies that treat patients with serious rare, chronic, and often genetic diseases such as hemophilia, primary immunodeficiency, alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency and autoimmune and neurological disorders. Plasma is also used to treat individuals during major surgery, who have sustained burns or are suffering from trauma.
                          http://www.donatingplasma.org/needfo...a/default.aspx

Comment

i got it but wait, i believe that in every 500 ml blood you only get a small amount of plasma, so what if you used plasma from different people. Do you think it is effective?

Comment

Must be, or they wouldn't pay you for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X