Being Impulsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being Impulsive

I just had to share a funny story. Yesterday, I was looking through my student loan balances and saw that one of them was down to around $500, so I decided to pay it off. After doing that, I realized that I'd forgotten to consult my husband beforehand. So I messaged him to let him know and said "Sorry I didn't talk to you before paying it. I was being impulsive."

Whatever happened to impulsive shopping, or gambling, or high-risk behavior?
    My husband laughed at me and said I was impulsively fiscally conservative.

Ah, anyway. Feels good to have one paid off. $43,000 to go!

That's an interesting twist! "Impulsively fiscally conservative"--

I have thought that some people who have repeated trouble with debt & spending can probably turn the thrill of spending and acquisition into the thrill of beating down debt. So, maybe a similar positive feeling is generated. Might as well choose the activity (paying down debt versus racking up debt) that is better for us!
    "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

Comment

Congratulations and cheering for one student loan gone! Thank you for sharing and letting us celebrate the milestone with you.

Comment

Working...
      X