The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

ING for home loan?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ING for home loan?

    Has anyone used ING for a home loan?

    We are looking to (finally) buy our first home, and are shopping around for mortgage rates. ING has very good rates (5.75% for 5/1 ARM), and I was hoping I could hear some experiences with them. We already have a savings account with them, and so far it's been good.

    Are there any other recommendations for good mortgage rates? I checked out bankrate.com, but I wasn't familiar with most of the companies, and I'm a little hesistant to use them for this big purchase. Also, most of their rates weren't as straightforward as ING - some had higher closing costs, etc.

    Thanks!
    Jasmine

  • #2
    Re: ING for home loan?

    I think ING might be having a sale right now -- no closing costs . . . you might want to check on that if you decide to go with them.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: ING for home loan?

      Yes, another positive reason to work with them.

      I'm hoping someone on here has used them for a mortgage...

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: ING for home loan?

        I've briefly looked into their terms for mortgages and it sounds like a good deal. But I think it's good only if you plan on reselling your home within the next 5-7 years.

        It would have been a great deal for us when we bought our first home. We ended up selling 4 years later...!

        Comment

        Working...
        X