I was just curious…the FICO thread got me thinking about the mess that my credit report was in. I requested my free credit reports last September. Turns out, things were a mess because of my name. It happens to be my mother’s name as well. I guess it doesn’t help that I live at home, too. Of course, I have a different social security number (duh!), and a different birthday, but I also have a middle name, which I use for anything official. Still, our credit reports seem to be intertwined.
First of all, it says on my report that I took out a mortgage…a month before I was born.
My Experian report also noted my mom’s social security number as a “variation” od my SSN. I think the DOB was wrong, too (which might account for the SSN “variation”) TransUnion also had a CC listed a year before I was born, but with this company, the DOB was correct!
I went through the process of requesting an investigation for each reporting agency, and I saw that the changes were made. I already have a note on my calendar to remind myself when I can request my credit reports again, and hopefully there won’t be too much to clean up. Mom's been doing some balance transfers lately, though, so I'll have to watch out for those!
Oh, and I tried to get my mom to get her report online…but we keep getting a message telling her that she’s already requested her report. I gave mom the number to call, but I guess it’s just not high enough on her list… I gotta start bugging her about it again…
Anyway, I was just wondering who else had inaccurate reports!
First of all, it says on my report that I took out a mortgage…a month before I was born.
My Experian report also noted my mom’s social security number as a “variation” od my SSN. I think the DOB was wrong, too (which might account for the SSN “variation”) TransUnion also had a CC listed a year before I was born, but with this company, the DOB was correct!I went through the process of requesting an investigation for each reporting agency, and I saw that the changes were made. I already have a note on my calendar to remind myself when I can request my credit reports again, and hopefully there won’t be too much to clean up. Mom's been doing some balance transfers lately, though, so I'll have to watch out for those!
Oh, and I tried to get my mom to get her report online…but we keep getting a message telling her that she’s already requested her report. I gave mom the number to call, but I guess it’s just not high enough on her list… I gotta start bugging her about it again…
Anyway, I was just wondering who else had inaccurate reports!

Comment