apparently i can refi for as low as 2.7% on a 15 year fixed. It'll probably cost me my tax return $2000 (ish). Do you think it is worth it for me if I plan on staying in my house for another 6 years at least. My current interest is 4.7% on a 30 year fixed. My payment is 680 per month, and 56 monthly going to PMI, I also pay an extra $150 a month towards principal. So I did the math and if I went to a 15 year conventional fixed, My new payment would still be slightly lower than what I pay now including the extra towards principal.
Logging in...
Proud new owner of..........20% of my home, no more PMI!!!
Collapse
X
-
i have no debt either, and my PLAN is to move when im 30(ish, give or take a few years). So thats 4 from now +/- 2 years. I did all the math and if I refi'd at only a cost of $2000-3000 I would have made up the difference in less interest/more principle paid in 1-1.5 years. Plus the 15 year loan would be slightly cheaper than my 30 year loan + my extrapayment towards principal. no need to really raise what I'm paying to the loan again, seeing as extra payments now are strictly to get away from PMI soon as possible.
Comment
-

Comment