Hello, I have a question about my ING savings account. I recently received an inheritance, and deposited the check into my BOA checking account. I put in a transfer to move the money into my ING savings account.
I did not realize that due to the size of the check, BOA put a hold on the original deposit. Because of this, the deposit into my ING savings account was returned NSF, causing a $35 fee from BOA.
The money is still showing as being in my ING savings account, so they haven't gotten word that the deposit has been returned. But my BOA shows the original withdrawal, and a credit for the same amount that is the withdrawal being returned.
Am I going to incur another fee from ING? Is this the kind of thing that could make ING close my account? This is the first time this has ever happened to me and I've had both accounts for years.
Thanks
I did not realize that due to the size of the check, BOA put a hold on the original deposit. Because of this, the deposit into my ING savings account was returned NSF, causing a $35 fee from BOA.
The money is still showing as being in my ING savings account, so they haven't gotten word that the deposit has been returned. But my BOA shows the original withdrawal, and a credit for the same amount that is the withdrawal being returned.
Am I going to incur another fee from ING? Is this the kind of thing that could make ING close my account? This is the first time this has ever happened to me and I've had both accounts for years.
Thanks

Comment