The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

Car Insurance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Car Insurance

    Thanks everyone for your comments. I have had my insurance with Geico for the last 7 years. Every year I have checked prices with other places and haven't found anyone that beats the rate I have with them. I do have a pretty good driving record - I haven't had an accident since my first year driving (1993). I do own my car free and clear.
    I think I'm going to think about this some more, but your comments definitely help me out!

    Laura

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Car Insurance

      Originally posted by Ima saver
      Why? My car is more likely to get stolen cause it is a sports car.

      That's funny because the number one stolen car for many years running is the Acura integra which is barely sporty... Different years of Integras topped the top 20 list last year 7 times. Reliable popular econo cars are in fact the most desirable because of the tuner craze. I don't think the people in charge actually understand how things work.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Car Insurance

        Originally posted by FrugalTexan75
        I have had my insurance with Geico for the last 7 years. Every year I have checked prices with other places and haven't found anyone that beats the rate I have with them.
        Hun , I just saved $850 this week switching from Geico to Allstate!! There were rumours that the two companies were in a price war, but I had no idea. My vehicle insurance payments went from $140 per month to $55 per month. And this is with a clean driving record and top credit. And, by the way, I am currently living in Florida, a hot spot for accidents.

        Be sure to check around to see what might be out there. Cheers hun!

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Car Insurance

          Most stolen car changes place to place and year to year. In some places the most stolen car is the one with the most interchangable parts (think chop shops). In others, it's the most exciting "joy ride".

          There is a US list and generally the more "generic" cars top that list, but it will be different is various areas.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Car Insurance

            here they just jack the equiptment and leave the cars.lol

            Comment

            Working...
            X