The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

I came across a cool credit card promo that'll give you free gas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I came across a cool credit card promo that'll give you free gas

    Hey all,
    Not to seem spammy, but I recently came across a credit card deal that I really liked, and wanted to share - if you're on the hunt for a new card, it's a good opportunity and best of all, it comes with a freebie!

    Rate supermarket has a promo on right now for some cash back credit cards (they're a rate comparison service, not a bank or anything - the cards are from lenders like mbna). If you sign up and are approved for one, they'll send you a free $75 gas card - not too shabby! There's also a contest to win free gas for a year, and you're automatically entered if you're approved.

    I don't want to post the link due to forum rules, but if you google ratesupermarket, it should come right up. They've got big ads all over the homepage that'll take you right to the deal.

    Good luck!

  • #2
    The website is Canadian. Not sure if this will work in the States.
    Brian

    Comment


    • #3
      Taking an inquiry on my credit report, and having to go through the hassle of opening a line of credit I don't really want, to get a $75 gas card seems kind of excessive.

      If you want a gift card, or maybe lots of them, sign up for a Capital One Rewards card. As long as you redeem the miles, which you get 2 for every 1 dollar (which is pretty good), for travel or gift cards, you get some pretty nice conversions. To get a $75 gift card, you basically just need 7,500 miles, which comes out to charging $3,750. Throw all your bills on the card for a month or two and you already have one. Keep doing it, well...you see where this goes. This is why I barely pay anything to travel.

      Comment

      Working...
      X