The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

Stock Options

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stock Options

    Me again. Just received a letter from the IRS claiming I under reported our income for 2010. I cashed out some stock options for a total net payout of $3,873.11. My statement says I had two sets of options reported to the IRS, $6,564 and $6,559, yet I only received a check for
    $3,873.11? That is what they worth at the time of cashing out the options. They are now asking me for $3,650 in additional taxes? I am not familiar with stock options. Shouldn't I just be paying tax on the $3,873.11?

  • #2
    That depends on what type of options you received. What did your tax professional say?

    Tax Topics - Topic 427 Stock Options

    If you're not working on this wIth a tax professional yet, you should be.

    Comment

    Working...
    X