The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

Suggested Retirement Calculator

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Suggested Retirement Calculator

    I am trying to determine how much I need to retire. Can anyone recommend an accurate retirement calculator that is intuitive to use? There are tons on the internet so I'm not sure which calculator would be reliable. I'm also wondering if the program would take into account current debt.

  • #2
    There are many of them because they are just rough guidelines. There is no perfect calculator.

    Why fully retire anyway? I would be bored to death. I plan to cut to part-time when I get older. If you hate your job that much, find something fun that is part-time. It is much easier on the finances this way as well. A small steady income can help you drop to part-time quicker.

    Comment


    • #3
      Not sure if this qualifies as intuitive, but it is great. Firecalc.com

      Comment


      • #4
        I know Fidelity and Vanguard have various retirement calculators on their websites:
        Retirement planning strategies tailored to your stage of life. Explore Roth IRA, Traditional IRA, and Rollover IRA options to help you achieve your retirement goals.



        You might check with your brokerage to see if they have something similar

        Comment


        • #5
          here's a really good one, you can customize it really easily and include all kinds of factors.
          Smart Money Retirement Planner

          Comment

          Working...
          X