Market SUCKS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market SUCKS!

Just came back from vacation; spent $2000 budgeted...and now the market keeps tanking, which I knew it would. But I didn't expect market to behave like this after the so-called "armageddon" averted; paper loss of about $6K in retirement so far. Hate this!!!!!
    Got debt?
    www.mo-moneyman.com

Markets sucks (rightly so) because the economy sucks. Getting a deal done to avoid default doesn't change the fundamentals.

Anywho, it's retirement savings. Don't sweat the fluctuations.

Comment

I know. The media said the stock market would come back after default was averted, but I don't think it will for awhile, with all the bad news on the economy, and new debt downgrade fears.

Comment

On the bright side, if we get massive inflation as all the gold bugs predict, eventually your stocks will go way up from current levels (they have to since stocks are valued in US dollars). If we don't get the inflation, then gold will come back down to $700 an ounce. Either way you can't lose long term in the market.

Comment

My Rant worked. Suprisingly the Market turned positive.
          Got debt?
          www.mo-moneyman.com

Comment

Three cheers for tripods68!

Comment

When you invest in the market or in general, you should think long term. Thee will be times in any week, month or year(s) when the market sucks. You should be taking advantage of those buying times. When they talk about the market performance in the long rum they talk about a forty (40) year period. Yes, I sympathize, I would hate to retire now. If investment is too risky, adjust to a more conservative allocation.

Comment

Were you looking to sell??

Market is getting better and better for those people who are in their accumulation phase. Stocks just keep going on sale!

Comment

Yeah. I have to agree with you. Our market today really sucks. You need to be a professional first before you can be able to foresee what will happen in the market flow.

Comment

A side-note really, but of significance in my corner of the world, the Bank of Japan intervened today (for the 3rd time in a year) on the value of the Yen, because it was getting too strong again. The dollar went from 77 to 80 in 12 hours... the politics of today have killed the value of the dollar
                    Last edited by kork13; 08-04-2011, 03:36 AM.
                    "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

Comment

DOW is down 250 points or 2% on the idea we might be on RECESSION. WTF!

@JPG7n16 - I actually made my reallocation in July 1st to moved 90% of my ROTH 70% of EF balance to BONDS (VANGUARD GNMA = dividends) on the possibility of US DEFAULTING. I'd say it GREAT MOVED on my part in averting further deterioration like we are seeing now (i could be down another 6K). However, I will keep the remaining 403b Vanguard Target Fund untouch for now, although it loss 7K on paper since July 23rd, but I'm looking to move half of that balance somewhere else within the fund family into a more balance less risky fund in the next few weeks.
                      Last edited by tripods68; 08-04-2011, 07:12 AM.
                      Got debt?
                      www.mo-moneyman.com

Comment

I know I totally agree! it sucks! i would love to know when this is going to end so things can start picking up again!

Comment

Originally posted by danieldroga View Post
                          You need to be a professional first before you can be able to foresee what will happen in the market flow.
                          Hate to break it to you, but you'd actually have to become God first before you can be able to foresee what will happen in the market.

Professionals don't know. Many guess, and the ones who guess correctly say they knew it would happen.

For instance, the past few days, the market was falling over -what professionals said was- worries about the debt ceiling. Professionals said the market was concerned that the US would default, and lower prices were because of that.

So when Congress comes to an agreement, then the market should bounce back up right?? According to the professionals, that would solve the markets fears.

So what happened when Congress came to an agreement? A: The market fell over 2% that day.

No one knows the future. You can make intelligent choices, and have educated guesses. You can even be right more often that you're wrong - but no one knows what tomorrow will bring except God.

Comment

DOW down 333 points...NOT Happy!
                            Got debt?
                            www.mo-moneyman.com

Comment

Me neither!

Comment

Working...
                              X