Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Budget Software

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Budget Software

    What budgeting software do you all use? I use a simple excel spreadsheet but would like to see if there is anything out there I may be missing. I'd especially like something that would download from my Wells Fargo account.

    #2
    Quicken Hame and Business 2010 - I use it as accounting software, but it has a great budget feature that will perpetually update your budget and let you know when you are getting close to budget in each category.

    Comment


      #3
      I've thought about using Quicken. I actually didn't know they had the Home and business program. i sell stuff on EBay so that may be a good option.

      Comment


        #4
        I sell stuff on ebay too and it's great for that. Helps me keep separate income from my main job with the ebay and other misc. income I have. Really good for tracking those pesky ebay and paypal fees vs your income from selling.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Debt Vigilante View Post
          I sell stuff on ebay too and it's great for that. Helps me keep separate income from my main job with the ebay and other misc. income I have. Really good for tracking those pesky ebay and paypal fees vs your income from selling.
          Pesky is a nice way of putting it. They are down right crazy at times!
          What type of stuff do you sell? I have run the gammot on most things and try to follow the trends. DVD's, and unlocked cell phones have been my most recent. Back in the day when I started on EBay (Dec 1998) I sold sunglasses(fake Oakleys) when it was allowed and Ralph Lauren polo's. Fee's were small and profits were big!

          Comment


            #6
            I sell anything I can make a buck on. Seriously... electronics that I buy and resell, art that I can find a good deal on, old coins, sports memorabilia. I recently bought a macbook pro and since I am a teacher, I was offered a free Itouch with it - I just sold that lol. Pretty much anything I can get my hands on.

            Although, like you said, profit margins have been severely cut-down over the last couple years. Wish I was a computer programmer... I would start freebay.com

            Comment


              #7
              Freebay.com, that's awesome. I've had quite a bit of luck buying Ipod Touch 2nd gen 8mb on from craigslist for $90 bucks or so and selling them on EBay for $125 give or take. It's a quick and easy $25 after paypal and EBay fee's.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by TheStreetCeo View Post
                Freebay.com, that's awesome. I've had quite a bit of luck buying Ipod Touch 2nd gen 8mb on from craigslist for $90 bucks or so and selling them on EBay for $125 give or take. It's a quick and easy $25 after paypal and EBay fee's.
                Do you buy them used on CL?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Yep. I put a wanted post to buy them for $90. I get about 4 or 5 people a month that take me up on that offer. It could be expanded for just about any cell phone or Ipod or whatever is hot.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by TheStreetCeo View Post
                    Yep. I put a wanted post to buy them for $90. I get about 4 or 5 people a month that take me up on that offer. It could be expanded for just about any cell phone or Ipod or whatever is hot.
                    What is the condition generally like on them? The brand new one I just sold only fetched $155 for me. It was pure profit, but I was hoping for about $170 since they retail for $200.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I've been a PDA user for years, and I use Splashmoney. With this method, I always have my entire everyday budget with me, updated in near-real time, reconciled weekly, and tracked down to the last cent.

                      While I do like this method, I am trying to transition to a more online method that does not require me to buy or carry any more PDAs. Mint.com is probably the closest to what I'm looking for, but it's not perfect, so I'm still looking through my options....

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Typical scratches on the back from sitting on a table or whatever. I never buy them if they have a scratch on the face or if they don't come with the box and extra's. they sell for $115-$125 all day used. I'm looking into the Iphone 3g in the next couple of days. I usually track like 5-10 EBay auctions on what I think I can buy cheap and see where they end up and do the calculations on whether it's worth it from there. I have acouple of days left on some 3g Iphone's. Hopefully the numbers work out there, because those things sell like mad.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I might have to look into that...thanks for the tip. I just checked out your blog... Looks good!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Check it out, it works and works well. I was on your blog this morning. Nice work! Do you use google analytics to track where your traffic comes from?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by TheStreetCeo View Post
                              Check it out, it works and works well. I was on your blog this morning. Nice work! Do you use google analytics to track where your traffic comes from?
                              Im just getting started with it. I thought it would be cool to track the lives my wife and I as we work our way out of debt. Is google analytics a plugin?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X