I was unemployed for most of the last year and half and underemployed since 1999 so my new job is setting me on a better track. Here is what I am doing:
25% into retirement (20% in TSP and 5% match);
$100 per month to emergency fund.
I ran up 12,000 in CC debt so that is my main focus; I hope to pay it off by this time next year. That means really shaving things to the bone - fortunately, my partner is on her own intense investing kick so I do not have to compete with or support a high-spending life-style.
It is a gov. job - I start at GS 5 but may jump to GS 5 St 5 when they finally include my previous Fed experience.
Am I missing anything?
25% into retirement (20% in TSP and 5% match);
$100 per month to emergency fund.
I ran up 12,000 in CC debt so that is my main focus; I hope to pay it off by this time next year. That means really shaving things to the bone - fortunately, my partner is on her own intense investing kick so I do not have to compete with or support a high-spending life-style.
It is a gov. job - I start at GS 5 but may jump to GS 5 St 5 when they finally include my previous Fed experience.
Am I missing anything?
