Grammie,
Kudos to you and your husband for being such hard workers. It's awful to have to work such hours and make so much less. All your choices have big downsides, as you know.
I'd echo the advice to hang on if you think income will improve within 6 months. I'd suspend the 401k for now to give you a bit more room each month - with the market as volatile as it is, who's to say that these contributions aren't being thrown away? You still have time to save for retirement, especially with the costs of kids behind you. A border is an excellent idea - maybe there is someone you know in similar straights.
Kudos to you and your husband for being such hard workers. It's awful to have to work such hours and make so much less. All your choices have big downsides, as you know.
I'd echo the advice to hang on if you think income will improve within 6 months. I'd suspend the 401k for now to give you a bit more room each month - with the market as volatile as it is, who's to say that these contributions aren't being thrown away? You still have time to save for retirement, especially with the costs of kids behind you. A border is an excellent idea - maybe there is someone you know in similar straights.

Comment