Advanced Mortgage Calculator needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Mortgage Calculator needed

I need a calculator that will take into account that we have been paying on the mortgage since 12/2007. I now want to change my monthly payment method to bi-weekly as well as add an additional 600.00 per month on principle.

I need to know what my total interest will be as well as the pay off date.. so on.

I need to be able to see the calculator so that I can adjust the input and possibly pay more or even possibly give yearly one time payments when we expect more income.

Does anyone know of a calculator this advanced. I have seen many that give you bi-weekly options, or one time payment options.. or extra principle options.. but never one that gives you a combo of any. never mind the fact that we are 1.5 years into the loan.

Thanks

Bankrate has a calculator which I believe will do all you want it to.

Comment

Originally posted by skydivingchic View Post
      Bankrate has a calculator which I believe will do all you want it to.
      Almost.. The one thing it does not do is take in to account that we made 1.5 years of regular payments first.

I can get close by changing the term and amt, but it is not exact.

Thanks

Comment

If you go to the website of HSH associates, they have a calculator suite you can download and save to your hard drive. It's very advanced and you can add in your payments from the beginning as well as calculate how much it would be if you made prepayments in any amount on any date. I have been using it for some time now and it's very handy.

Download the HSH Home Buyers Calculator Suite, Free!

Comment

Go to planaheadinc.com and click on Financial Calculators then on the right side click on "Mortgage Payoff". On the mortgage amount you need to put the current mortgage balance.

Comment

Correction: I think you put the original mortgage amount in. (see my previous post.

Comment

I forgot that you also wanted bi-monthly payments which that calculator doesn't do.

Comment

I was looking at an amortization schedule from vertex42. Its a spreadsheet you have to download (for free), but I believe its flexible enough that you should be able to do what you are looking for.

Comment

Working...
                X