I had a fairly regular Dunkin Donuts coffee habit, developed after moving to New England where there is an absurd amount of them. I was dropping $2.10 for a large coffee virtually every weekday morning, and maybe a medium or something if I was out and about on the weekend. Not nearly as bad as a $4 latte from Starbucks, but not a cheap habit, or a particularly healthy one either.
Two weeks ago I got really, really sick with some sort of stomach flu. I'm pretty healthy and resilient normally, but this had me totally out of commission for over 18 hours. For the next couple days, I stayed away from harsh food and drink, including coffee, trying to settle down my stomach.
I wasn't really planning on quitting the coffee thing, but the sickness provided an easy way to do it cold turkey the first few days. I was already not feeling great, so the "lack of caffeine" headaches people get when quitting were largely unnoticed!
I figure I've already saved about $20, and I still feel just as alert in the mornings. Decided the first two months of estimated coffee savings will go towards some sort of reward, then after that it will just go to general savings.
Two weeks ago I got really, really sick with some sort of stomach flu. I'm pretty healthy and resilient normally, but this had me totally out of commission for over 18 hours. For the next couple days, I stayed away from harsh food and drink, including coffee, trying to settle down my stomach.
I wasn't really planning on quitting the coffee thing, but the sickness provided an easy way to do it cold turkey the first few days. I was already not feeling great, so the "lack of caffeine" headaches people get when quitting were largely unnoticed!
I figure I've already saved about $20, and I still feel just as alert in the mornings. Decided the first two months of estimated coffee savings will go towards some sort of reward, then after that it will just go to general savings.

of coffee in the morning but I make it at home and believe it is better than anywhere I've bought coffee. If you look at the price for a can of coffee and how many cups it yields then make the comparison to buying it at even a convience store you'll quickly realize how bad you're getting fleeced.
Comment