The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

Get your FICO score FREE! No obligation.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Get your FICO score FREE! No obligation.

    MyFico.com is offering a Free Fico Credit Score to anybody who logs into their Message Board / Forum. The Credit Score is from Equifax. Details are at this site:

    FICO Forums - FICO Forums

    The offer is for the first 10,000 people so do it quick. There is totally no obligation. I just got mine (779) so it is legitimate.

    If you aren't already signed up with the forum, just register and then you can follow the link to the score.
    Steve

    * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

  • #2
    Thanks for the heads up Steve.

    Comment


    • #3
      Cool, thanks alot Steve. This is actually the first time I've seen my credit score (never bothered to buy it yet), so woohoo...

      Comment


      • #4
        That's pretty neat. Never been to that site before. My score is 791 which was a lot higher than I thought it would be but glad to see that
        "Those who can't remember the past are condemmed to repeat it".- George Santayana.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for the info. Just got mine.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks, Steve! 646, yikes!

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks Steve. 782. I like that it says key factors affecting your score. It says I just opened a new credit account -- I just refinanced my mortgage, so that makes sense.

              Comment


              • #8
                What bugs me is that mine says that it is lower because I have a consumer finance account in my history and that those are companies that lend to people who can't get traditional loans. The account in question was one of those interest-free deals when we bought our bedroom furniture. I had no idea at the time that those offers reflect badly on your credit report and score or I wouldn't have done it. I certainly don't need non-traditional financing.
                Steve

                * Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks! I did it and am at 792. yipppeee!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Neat. Thanks. DH and I both did it. I'm at 791, down from the last time I knew what is was (815).
                    "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

                    "It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      745

                      I thought it was a bit higher....

                      But my utilization is high on one of my cc.....
                      That should be taken care of in the next few month...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks Steve! I've never seen my score before, so that was kind of cool. So now I have a question: if my score is 797 and my husband's score is 730, how would they combine if we both applied for say a mortgage? Do they average? Take the highest, lowest, come up with their own score? Does anybody know? TIA.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
                          What bugs me is that mine says that it is lower because I have a consumer finance account in my history and that those are companies that lend to people who can't get traditional loans. The account in question was one of those interest-free deals when we bought our bedroom furniture. I had no idea at the time that those offers reflect badly on your credit report and score or I wouldn't have done it. I certainly don't need non-traditional financing.
                          I was thinking of doing a 0% loan on a few kitchen appliances. I may re-think that after reading this. Do all of those deals do this?
                          "Those who can't remember the past are condemmed to repeat it".- George Santayana.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Mine is 703. Mine says it is low because I have a short credit history (not much I can do about that) and that I have used up too much of my credit limit. The highest I I have ever had on my credit card was a little over $700 (out of $1000) because of books and school supplies, several months ago. I am happy with this score-it will go up as time goes on.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks Steve.

                              I check my credit report maybe once a year, but it doesn't include a FICO score. I always wondered what it was (783).

                              I'd be interested in the detailed equation used to come up w/ these scores. My wife and I have no debt, no blemishes on our credit report, and one credit card. I would've thought my number would be higher. Perhaps it's because we use the CC often?
                              Last edited by feh; 01-16-2009, 09:59 AM.
                              seek knowledge, not answers
                              personal finance

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X