Wachovia settlement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wachovia settlement

Today my DH got something in the mail from the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. It says they he is part of a class action law suit against Wachovia where a telemarketer obtained bank information from customers and provided this information to a third party who then created blank checks.

There are two lawsuits against them and the plaintiffs are saying they violated the RICO act.

They had a list of charges, and there was a $19.95 charge for 10 months and the first one was $249.95. (GRRRR. Dude, look at your statements!)

We are getting all that money back: $449.45! And, we will get $35 for overdraft fees as well.

When I first opened the mail, I didn't believe it, but then I looked here:
    United States Attorney's Office - Eastern District of Pennsylvania

Yeah! $484.45 to the line of credit!

I got something similar - only for a different amount ($139.xx). Unfortunately I forgot to take the paperwork with me to CA, so I missed the deadline for the $35 refund.

Comment

Originally posted by cptacek View Post
      Today my DH got something in the mail from the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. It says they he is part of a class action law suit against Wachovia where a telemarketer obtained bank information from customers and provided this information to a third party who then created blank checks.

There are two lawsuits against them and the plaintiffs are saying they violated the RICO act.

They had a list of charges, and there was a $19.95 charge for 10 months and the first one was $249.95. (GRRRR. Dude, look at your statements!)

We are getting all that money back: $449.45! And, we will get $35 for overdraft fees as well.

When I first opened the mail, I didn't believe it, but then I looked here:
      United States Attorney's Office - Eastern District of Pennsylvania

Yeah! $484.45 to the line of credit!
      Is there a phone number or anything to call? My parents had Wachovia accounts for decades and NEVER balanced their checkbooks. It wouldn't surprise me if they got snagged in this as well. However, Wachovia doesn't have their current address so if anything was sent to them...they didn't receive it.

Comment

More information available at:
        1-866-680-6659
        or
        Restitution Payment Settlement

frugaltexan75, my deadline is March 4, 2009. It says you can submit the application online at the above url or mail it. When was your deadline?

Comment

Thanks.

I found my paperwork last night and realized that the deadline is March 4. I'm not sure where I got the other date from. I filed online last night.

Comment

Working...
          X