What about this scenario -
I keep a roth ira and max out the contributions which is very divirsified. Losing money daily, but that's life in the current stock market.
In my 401k, I have 46% company stock. This is a very well known company that produces movies, tv shows and has theme parks in Florida, to give you an idea of the company I am referencing.
The rest of my 401k is diversified between large cap, small cap and international funds.
Would you recommend removing another 20% of my company stock in my 401k out of the company and into mutual funds?
I also have a 401k match, and it is diversified pretty much the same way - 40% in company stock, and the rest spread across mutual funds.
I keep a roth ira and max out the contributions which is very divirsified. Losing money daily, but that's life in the current stock market.
In my 401k, I have 46% company stock. This is a very well known company that produces movies, tv shows and has theme parks in Florida, to give you an idea of the company I am referencing.
The rest of my 401k is diversified between large cap, small cap and international funds.
Would you recommend removing another 20% of my company stock in my 401k out of the company and into mutual funds?
I also have a 401k match, and it is diversified pretty much the same way - 40% in company stock, and the rest spread across mutual funds.

. It has not really recovered from its all time high like the overall market has (I believe it was as high as the 120's range in 1998 before it split 3 for 1 and in the low 40's for part of the time in 2000).
Comment