The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

My Finances... and my situation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by papakron View Post
    I have an update...

    After looking at a bunch of basement suites, I decided to broaden my search to apartments within my price range. It seemed for any basement suite, with SHARED laundry was still 600-650 dollars, minimum... and you're living in a basement.

    I picked up the classifieds on Sunday and saw an ad for an apartment in this great area I've always really liked but figured out of my price range. I went and looked at the place... and LOVED it. Could actually see myself living there, for once. The rent is $710 which includes heat and hot water. The apartment manager said electricity would run around 25/month, but I'd try to be extra stingy. I figured for only $50-100 dollars more, why not get a place I'll like, right by the beach!!! (I'm on the West Coast)

    Anyways, I'm pretty stoked, waiting to hear back. Hope I'm not in over my head... I know if I can get back on going to bars, out to eat, buying coffees... I think I can handle it!

    Sounds great - but - you are really going to be cutting it close with your current budget. Don't go crazy with cable/internet/phone you don't seem to have that in your budget. Good luck!

    Comment

    Working...
    X