X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College not worth the cost?

U.S. College Education Isn’t Worth Price: Report: Bloomberg - MSN Money
    Brian

I think that it depends. It might not be worth the cost of an ivy league school; however, it's definitely worth getting a degree unless you have a brilliant idea that can make you bank quick. A bachelor's degree is the new high school diploma... if you want to get considered for a job you better have one. OR you better have groundbreaking ideas that forces the company to hire you because YOU can fix their problems. Personally... I will have gotten through college, in two years, debt free with money to spare because I made sacrifices during school.

I definitely believe it is worth the cost for most individuals... because, in reality, it is very affordable. If you are low-income... colleges hand out grants, if you are smart... they hand out scholarships. I see no reason to not go if you are young / want to have an edge above 70% of the rest of the US

Comment

College has not come close to justfying the cost for years now. It is all just a big racket

Comment

Obviously there are some careers for which you absolutely need college or beyond. Many professional licensing bodies are not even going to let you sit for their exams unless you have the appropriate diploma.
        "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

Comment

You can go to community college and a state school for a college degree. If you do well academically in high school, you may qualify for a scholarship. It is what you do with a college education not where you go. If college is not for you, there are trades like electrician, plumber, or carpenter which are good careers. Police or fire are also good careers. Seldf employed business person is another possibility.

Comment

Working...
          X