Faces on paper money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faces on paper money

This article made me think there are three ways to wind up with your likeness on paper money. Be a monarch, be a head of state otherwise, or be a scientist. I never would have thought of the third category.

"Many nations display famous scientists on their currency. Some of the physicists illustrated include Lord Kelvin, Nikola Tesla, Marie and Pierre Curie, Lord Ernest Rutherford, Niels Bohr, Albert Einstein, Erwin Shrödinger, and Guglielmo Marconi."

Radiations Magazine: Fall 2010 Click on "See the feature article 20th Century Physicists on Bank Notes" at bottom of page to open the article in pdf.
    "There is some ontological doubt as to whether it may even be possible in principle to nail down these things in the universe we're given to study." --text msg from my kid

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." --Frederick Douglass

I remember when Great Brittan put Jack Nicholas on the pound after his final British Open. I think he was the only person ever put on the pound that was not royalty.

Comment

Hm...interesting. I wonder what would happen if the nation (or any nation other than the U.S.) allowed voting on the faces on the dollar bills. That would be an interesting vote!~

Comment

Originally posted by Frugal View Post
        Hm...interesting. I wonder what would happen if the nation (or any nation other than the U.S.) allowed voting on the faces on the dollar bills. That would be an interesting vote!~
        Elvis.
        "Praestantia per minutus" ... "Acta non verba"

Comment

I like the Idea someone had about voting on the faces on money. I bet there would be a strong turnout for something like that

Comment

Working...
          X