X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life after unemployment

After unemployment runs out: Four stories from the trenches : Bundle
    Brian

That's sucks! They should move to Minnesota where there are tons of jobs right now. I see Help Wanted signs on a lot of buildings. I've been laid off twice in my life so I know what it takes to survive.

Comment

Unemployment sure does not go far, especially if it does not take into account the wages you were paid at the job you were most recently laid off from. In my state, they go back about a year. I feel for people whose unemployment has run out, but wonder at how they lived off of it in the first place. It is not easy to do. But nothing in this economy is. I suppose if one tried to save money in any manner possible, by shopping sales, using coupons and rebates and getting a bunch of free samples, it might help, but it is not the same as an income! It is hard in the United States for some people to even afford food right now...what a sad state of affairs we find our country in. With lingering unemployment, rising food and gas prices, etc. (not to mention the spectre of U.S. default on national debt, and numerous crises abroad in Libya and Japan), we are on the precipice of a "perfect storm" of national disaster.

I try to do what I can to save now, to survive the times ahead. Anyone else doing the same?

Comment

I would think of ways to be more productive while trying to save as well. The littlest expense and spendings must always be thought of twice or so before actually doing it. I may sound over than normal but it's how I feel I get to save at least.

Comment

Working...
        X