Looking for Beginner Friendly Books - Completely New To Investing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Beginner Friendly Books - Completely New To Investing

As Title States. I am a compete newbie to Finance / Investing / Banking - all this stuff. I'm looking for recommended books to get educated, or a point in the direction I might find a reading list??

Thanks

-Jeff

If you want tips on personal finance, click on the link in my signature. If you are more interested in investing, start here: http://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Bogle...g_start-up_kit
    seek knowledge, not answers
    personal finance

Comment

Jeff, welcome to SA. How old? What income? I suggest reading threads on investing on this site. You'll see the same books recommended repeatedly depending on your specific circumstances. Your library likely has the recommended as e-books, just up to you to download.

Comment

Originally posted by isaac View Post
        As Title States. I am a compete newbie to Finance / Investing / Banking - all this stuff. I'm looking for recommended books to get educated, or a point in the direction I might find a reading list??

Thanks

-Jeff
        "Millionaire Teacher" by Andrew Hallam is a fairly recent one that is good. See if you can check it out from the library for free!

Comment

it depends on whether or not you are ready to read up on the philosophy part, or the factual parts.

philosophy helps when trying to got the perfect mindset, but you need a lot of facts also to build upon, so reading endless amounts of "HOW TO BECOME A MILLIONAIRE" etc books will get you nowhere unless you learn the craft.

since you are here, i am guessing you want to learn about the actual craft, and i would suggest going to your local library and starting from the bottom up, and just learning the basics of economy.

even youtube can be a good source of information when looking at the basics. but remember, whatever you read, always look for another source even if it is about a well studied and practiced field of economics. there are so many different viewpoints out there and it really is improtant to gather data from many sources to make any kind of investment decisions.
          investment is the art of making a calculated decision.

anyways, i dont really have any good books to recommend at this point, because i believe the type of books called "investment for beginners" or "for dummies" are really simplifying what successful investments really require from the person.

Comment

Working...
          X