The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

Tracking down old bank statement

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tracking down old bank statement

    I made a loan to a friend in a form of cashier check and he ended up not needing it. I don't recall if I ever got the check back do vaguely remember taking it back to the back to be void and checking if the money had been deposit back. I have lapse of memory lost and this business bugs me. My friend doesn't recall the time frame this occur (about 4 years ago.). Can the bank look up the transaction if I give the the transaction amount? I recall viewing it as an e-statement so this should be available in electronic form. Can they just search by the dollar amount since and pull it up quickly?

  • #2
    hi, would you have discussed the transaction at this site back then? A review might help refresh your memory. Our banks charge for a review of old transaction but $5K is an important sum to verify.

    Comment

    Working...
    X