The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

Capital One 360

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Capital One 360

    Does anybody have a Capital One 360 savings account or know much about it with pros and cons?

    Thanks!
    ES

  • #2
    Interesting a coworker of mine recently recommended this to me and I'd like to hear more as well. I'm looking to open a new savings account and i'm currently debating between the

    Capital One 360 - 0.75% APY
    Ally - 0.87% APY
    FNBO Direct - 0.85%

    ALLY seems like the best choice but I'd like to know too about fees and if anyone has had any bad experiences with any of them.

    Comment


    • #3
      I've been using ING Direct/Capital One 360 for about 8 years now. With it now associated with Capital One there are huge number of free ATMs. I love the fact that I don't have to mail checks (for the few I need each year), 360 does it for me. There isn't enough of a difference in the APR for me to really worry about so I have multiple saving accounts and it's really nice to instantly be able to transfer money between them. They also have an app now for electronically depositing checks so you don't have to worry about that either.

      I do have an Ally account for my EF because of the higher CD rates and I do have a local credit union savings account, but 360 is my primary bank.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have had Capital One 360 for 10 years. It's been great, I really love the bucket account thing. It stinks that I was too broke to contribute much in the 4% interest rate days but oh well.

        I would highly recommend it.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have a Capital One 360 savings account and I actually took most of my money out of it a few months ago. I opened a smarty pig account instead since it has a 1% interest rate and my CapOne account just keeps dropping and dropping and dropping. It used to be competetive, but I feel like now it isn't so much. If you're not going to have much in it, it probably doesn't make that big of a difference, but if you're the type to sock away a decent amount every month.... it adds up.

          Comment


          • #6
            Watch for the Capital One 360 New Account opening Bonus offers. That is the best time to open accounts with them because you can usually get $100 or so for a new checking account and $50 for a new Savings Account.

            I just moved a lot of our Emergency Funds out of Capital One 360 and HSBC over the GE Retail Capital….. trying to squeeze more interest, but they all pay crap anymore.

            Comment

            Working...
            X