i guess you guys havn't filled your gas tank in a while then or your just one of "them" that "they" have hoodwinked or maybe your so lucky that your wages are increasing at the same pace so you dont even feel it.. the consumer see's higher prices but it does not compute with them that the driving force behind higher prices is the printing of money.
c'mon y'all cant be this blind, if they cut american idol down to a half hour show you'd be throwin a fit.
Logging in...
How important is gold for your investment portfolio?
Collapse
X
-
When you say Fed and fiat currency in the same paragraph that is a giveaway. Oh and what "things" are happening at a faster pace now? lolOriginally posted by 97guns View Posti am not an end of the world doom and gloomer and my metals have been performing well without any end of the world happenings. the sole reason for me taking the position in metal is that i DO NOT have any confidence in the fiat dollar system that is in place around the world. the printing presses are running wide open and this does nothing but dilute currency leading to more inflation. things are definately happening at a faster pace now and inflation will steepen and possibly go parabolic. the solution for everything is print more money and that is a very bad thing.
the FED is stuck, he can not raise interest rates, like i said THE ONLY SOLUTION IS PRINTING MORE MONEY.
Leave a comment:
-
-
Sure sounds like a "doom and gloomer" to me.Originally posted by 97guns View Posti am not an end of the world doom and gloomer
i DO NOT have any confidence in the fiat dollar system that is in place around the world. the printing presses are running wide open and this does nothing but dilute currency leading to more inflation. things are definately happening at a faster pace now and inflation will steepen and possibly go parabolic.
Leave a comment:
-
-
i am not an end of the world doom and gloomer and my metals have been performing well without any end of the world happenings. the sole reason for me taking the position in metal is that i DO NOT have any confidence in the fiat dollar system that is in place around the world. the printing presses are running wide open and this does nothing but dilute currency leading to more inflation. things are definately happening at a faster pace now and inflation will steepen and possibly go parabolic. the solution for everything is print more money and that is a very bad thing.
the FED is stuck, he can not raise interest rates, like i said THE ONLY SOLUTION IS PRINTING MORE MONEY.
Leave a comment:
-
-
Originally posted by BuckyBadger View PostMost of the people who are gung ho on physical possession of precious metals have some sort of end-of-times complex.hmm.... case in point?Originally posted by 97guns View Postmy entire portfolio consists of 50% income generating real estate and 50% physical precious metal.
Personally, I have no idea what portion of my investments are in precious metals... it's probably at zero right now. I don't care for them as investments. At present, I'd be willing to have perhaps 2-3% of my portfolio in a precious metals ETF (not a chance on physical possession of individual metal positions), and I wouldn't be comfortable with any more than 5% MAX in precious metals. Side note here.... now is NOT the time to buy into precious metals. Seriously? They're at a peak that was unheard of less than a decade ago. It would be utter lunacy to buy any significant position in them right now.
Yes, acceptable level of risk is a personal matter... but I don't think any reasonable professional could, in good conscience, recommend more than 10% of a person's portfolio in precious metals (or in any single stock or other position).
Leave a comment:
-
-
I guess you could wear it as a grill...that way you would always have it ready at hand if the end times come.Originally posted by MKKShah View PostAre you comfortable with the diversification that these two asset classes provide?
More importantly, how do you own gold? Do you keep it with you? in a locker? ETFs?
Leave a comment:
-
-
Are you comfortable with the diversification that these two asset classes provide?Originally posted by 97guns View Postmy entire portfolio consists of 50% income generating real estate and 50% physical precious metal. my portfolio has done very well in the past 2 years, actually the healthiest its ever been including the dot com run up, in 2 years it is up 90% nearly a double up.
More importantly, how do you own gold? Do you keep it with you? in a locker? ETFs?
Leave a comment:
-
-
I have a percentage of gold/silver in my portfolio though I expect it to be a small % in the long run. It doubles up as a hobby as I like to collect different coins.
Leave a comment:
-
-
my entire portfolio consists of 50% income generating real estate and 50% physical precious metal. my portfolio has done very well in the past 2 years, actually the healthiest its ever been including the dot com run up, in 2 years it is up 90% nearly a double up.
Leave a comment:
-
-
I probably should, but since it represents only 2 or 3% of our portfolio, it doesn't much matter. I'll probably hang on to it just to have a little exposure to the sector.Originally posted by MKKShah View PostGiven the huge run up, are you looking to sell it now? Do you think gold is just about done with it's rise?
Leave a comment:
-
-
No. I was being sarcastic.Originally posted by MKKShah View PostSo you recommend that I keep physical possession of gold, if I do invest?
Most of the people who are gung ho on physical possession of precious metals have some sort of end-of-times complex. IN that case, I think a gun and a lifetime supply of Brita filters would be a hell of a lot more useful.
Leave a comment:
-
-
Given the huge run up, are you looking to sell it now? Do you think gold is just about done with it's rise?Originally posted by disneysteve View PostAgreed. We do have a very small position in a precious metals fund in my wife's old 403b plan. I did it just for the heck of it and got in before the huge run up in prices so made a great profit but it is a tiny percentage of our overall portfolio.
Leave a comment:
-
-
So you recommend that I keep physical possession of gold, if I do invest?Originally posted by BuckyBadger View Post
Although my husband does collect coins, and I have a shotgun, so should the apocalypse come, we'll have a few thousand dollars worth of Morgan Silver Dollars and a gun...
Leave a comment:
-
-
I think gold has a place in a well-diversified portfolio. I would never go near a 70% allocation though. Still you might check out the Crawling Road blog and read about the Permanent Portfolio. I do have some assets in the underlying mutual fund and ETF (PERM). All that said, it's only a very small portion of my portfolio.
Leave a comment:
-
-
0% gold - I personally wouldn't invest in it.
{A mutual fund that invests in commodoties - maybe - but only for a small portion of my portfolio. It's not important enough to have done it thus far. If it's not inside a retirement account, gold has higher taxes than most any other investment}.Last edited by MonkeyMama; 03-05-2012, 09:48 AM.
Leave a comment:
-

Leave a comment: