I know everyone is focused on Wall Street, but have you been watching your international holdings? Vanguard's Total International Stock Index (VGTSX) is off over 32% YTD. Chances are the international part of your allocation has probably gotten out of whack. Assuming you have the money to put in, and it fits your allocation plan, might now be a good time to add to your international holdings?
Logging in...
What about international stocks now?
Collapse
X
-
Most equity classes are down.
From what I am reading emerging markets are getting nailed. Brazil market dropped 15% today and they closed it down.
IMO buy equities and maintain your allocation as you buy (my large cap is lower relative to everything, so that is where I am buying, but in my wife's accounts we are buying emerging markets, tech and financial services).
-
-
Hmm, well, the way I look at it is that if one is a passive investor, it's best to stick with quality international funds and just keep dollar-cost-averaging into it through mutual funds.
As stock picks, I don't do international. I can't research them quite the way I can with domestic stocks.
International ETFs are also a possibility, but I've always argued that you still need to know the conditions of the market when you are investing in. Latin American and Asian both contain a tremendous amount of potential, but they can also hold quite a bit of risk, as this year's losses suggest.
Comment
-

Comment