The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

Citibank Welshs on Cash Bonus Offer?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Citibank Welshs on Cash Bonus Offer?

    Has anyone experienced problems with getting Citibank to pay on a cash bonus offer? I have been getting nothing but double speak from the phone reps for months now. I opened a free checking account in mid April and was supposed to get a $100 bonus for that, plus another $100 if I linked a Citibank credit card to that new checking account. I followed the steps to the letter and waited 120 days for the two bonus offers. Nothing. Several calls later, I get a different reason for no bonus each time. They are supposed to be "investigating" the matter. I have to wait for November 1st for an answer. This is not what I expected from such a large bank! But I am persistent and will not give up. If all else fails, I will close my accounts. Who needs this type of grief?
    Bill

  • #2
    Re: Citibank Welshs on Cash Bonus Offer?


    C - i - t - i - b - a - n - k


    I'm not shocked, to say the least.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Citibank Welshs on Cash Bonus Offer?

      That is crummy, you have already waited 6 months!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Citibank Welshs on Cash Bonus Offer?

        I had a similar problem with Citibank's refer a friend promotion for their Dividend card. Took 4-5 months and about 10 phone calls and almost as many emails to finally get the money from them. Big waste of time over a small amount of money.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Citibank Welshs on Cash Bonus Offer?

          Try writing the CEO of the company Ken Stork in Sioux Falls South Dakota was the one I wrote to last year to get some reward money that I was told I had coming. Long story short, write a nice letter explaining your situation and ask that it be resolved since you followed the rules to a T.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Citibank Welshs on Cash Bonus Offer?

            Thanks for the input every one. Greedy4chips, I will wait until November 1st. If nothing happens by then I will definately write Mr. Stork. Why not give it a shot?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Citibank Welshs on Cash Bonus Offer?

              I am not surprsed at anything the creator of Universal Default does.
              There is not one thing I like about Citibank. Even their commercials say more about them than those ID thieves they feature.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Citibank Welshs on Cash Bonus Offer?

                Citibank isn't the only bank that reneges* on cash bonus offers. I've had the same thing happen at Washington Mutual and a lesser known bank. I like the idea of writing the CEO, or at least the VP of customer service.

                * Better choice of word, don't you think?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Citibank Welshs on Cash Bonus Offer?

                  I would pursue it to get the money and then I would leave. The actions of Citibank speaks volumes about what they think of their customers. If they screwed you up front just think about what kind of service you can expect from them in future! You also might think of telling as many people as possible and encourage them to tell people they know.

                  I had bad experiences with them in the past and would never do business with them again. I also encourage others not to do business with them!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Citibank Welshs on Cash Bonus Offer?

                    I do not deal with Citibank in any way, shape, manner or form.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Citibank Welshs on Cash Bonus Offer?

                      When I was a freshman last year, I signed up for a Discover Card and a CitiBank MTV-U credit card. I find myself using the Citibank card more because of the Thank-You network (you can get 1,000 extra points twice a year for good grades.) I have yet to have an issue with CitiBank and in fact find their CS is very helpful. They have a couple branch locations in Chicago and they are very sleek and accomodating. However, I have only had the card for around a year so maybe the bumbs are a little further up the road.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X