A quality suit for under $1,000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quality suit for under $1,000?

Husband needs a new suit. Something better than Brooks Brothers. He is slender so off the rack does not work so well in America. And bespoke tend to be quite expensive here in DC.

What are the options for quality suits that not everyone is aware of?
    We are not traveling this year because of the baby and his work schedule, otherwise having one custom made in Hong Kong or Shanghai would have been perfect.

I don't think I've ever spent more than maybe $250 on a suit. I can't imagine spending $1,000. Obviously, I'm not the right person to be answering your question.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

If off the rack won't work you'll have to get custom tailored. And I havent seen a high quality custom men's suit for under 2k, and that was ten years ago. Tailoring is a trade and a suit is a lot of work to make.

That being said, you could get something off the rack and have it altered. I don't know what is wrong with Brooks Brothers, but they have a lot of options and price points.

Comment

Do you have an Enzo near you? My husband got a custom suit done at the Enzo in NYC and it was under 1000 even including custom shirt and tie.

I think they are many major cities in the US and he was happy with it. He is slim and prefers a European style fit, so doesn't like many US suits and certainly not off the rack. His custom suit there cost about the same as a quality off the rack would cost us where we live. I think at the time it was a bit over 500$.

Comment

Ask around about sample sales (especially if he is "runway model" size)?

Comment

I just heard about this from a podcast. Get any custom-made suit for just $399 with code "ATP".

http://www.indochino.com/

Comment

Men's Wearhouse has some good quality suites at various price points and they often have buy 1 get 1 sales. My husband has shopped there for several years and has always been pleased.

Comment

Working...
              X