I broke down, and joined Amazon Prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I broke down, and joined Amazon Prime

Well I finally broke down and joined Amazon Prime today.

I had been fighting the urge for years, but with my wife blasting me with links for Christmas gifts for our kids and extended family I snapped and had to do it.
    I ordered 13 items (some I couldn't find in stores) in just minutes and still had time to price check other stores/sites. also received an additional $50 savings and $10 savings for being a new user.

I guess tonight I will unwind and look at what shows they offer on Amazon TV. Any shows my family should check out?

I am disappointed I could no longer hold out, but the prices for what I was looking for where too good to pass on.

What is your favorite Amazon item that you have ordered more than once? With 4 kids my wife loves the paper boats for heating up snacks. So I ordered a 250 pack of those since I just let our SAMS membership expire.

What are the paper boats?? Over the past two weeks there has been at least one amazon box at our house every day. My wife does almost all the Christmas shopping for our families on Amazon.

Comment

Prime's free video selections are getting better, but have a long way to go to catch up to Netflix. Prime offers lots of paid content too on which it's very easy to spend $20/week which is $1000/year, and not a good fit for these Saving Advice Forums.

Comment

Shoot this reminds me that I wasted $4 yesterday on shipping buying a book when we have Prime. Since I didn't pay and it is shared between us and my son who lives about 15 min away, I forget.

What is nice is he paid but we can share it, I login to my own account not aware of what he buys. Actually he has it sent to our home anyhow so that doesn't matter. If the Video Selection becomes up to par with Netlflix, I think it will sink them. 3 Times more people are buying off of Amazon versus Ebay now.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseBucks View Post
          What are the paper boats?? Over the past two weeks there has been at least one amazon box at our house every day. My wife does almost all the Christmas shopping for our families on Amazon.
          Search for #25 Paperboard Red Check Food Tray, or as we call them paper boats. We have bought them for years in bulk from Sam's Club

a bit cheaper than paper plates, and for dual working parents we find them to be lifesavers.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAStash View Post
            Prime's free video selections are getting better, but have a long way to go to catch up to Netflix. Prime offers lots of paid content too on which it's very easy to spend $20/week which is $1000/year, and not a good fit for these Saving Advice Forums.
            I guess I should clarify that I am exchanging our warehouse club membership for Amazon prime and so far I think it was a good switch for bulk buys we already make.

And with a 17 yr. old nephew wanting vintage rock on vinyl it was surprisingly easy to get a decent deal on Zeppelin IV for the guy.

We don't use PPV in our house so I am not too worried about getting hooked there, but I will make sure to check out Amazon Prime TV before the kids do to make sure I don't get a surprise on the bill.

Comment

Amazon prime free shipping saves me a ton, and knowing I can get almost anything in just 2 days has spoiled me. now, when I have to wait a week to get something online I get irriated lol.

I suggest checking out the Grand Tour on Prime video. It's the replacement for Top Gear.
              Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you're stupid and make bad choices.

Comment

I like Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle. Not necessarily family shows unless your kids are teens

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddybus View Post
                  I guess I should clarify that I am exchanging our warehouse club membership for Amazon prime and so far I think it was a good switch for bulk buys we already make.

And with a 17 yr. old nephew wanting vintage rock on vinyl it was surprisingly easy to get a decent deal on Zeppelin IV for the guy.

We don't use PPV in our house so I am not too worried about getting hooked there, but I will make sure to check out Amazon Prime TV before the kids do to make sure I don't get a surprise on the bill.
                  I've got that album

Comment

What is your favorite Amazon item that you have ordered more than once? With 4 kids my wife loves the paper boats for heating up snacks. So I ordered a 250 pack of those since I just let our SAMS membership expire.
                    I just reordered some lindt lindor and ferrero rocher, at <= $.25 each, amazon has consistently met my "buy" price on them. we've been buying these about once a month or so from amazon for the past few years. These are the only things we have ordered more than once.

Prime isn't too bad, we continued after a free year invite from one of my credit cards. We don't use any other prime benefits besides the free shipping. It is very useful when we ship things to other addresses.

(Oh, I did check out their free prime video and music; nothing good there)

Comment

I did most of my Christmas shopping on Amazon this year, but I managed to group my orders and make my decisions early enough to take advantage of their normal free shipping. So, I avoided buying Prime for yet another year.

Comment

Theres this shampoo I order that costs $17 at cvs or any grocery store. On amazon its $10. Ive only ordered it 3x now but I like the savings.

I use my friends prime account. I log in with his credentials and order stuff all the time. I do give him $10/year just to make myself not feel like such a mooch. He lets multiple people use his account...I dont think they pay him but they should.

Man in the high castle is a good show on amazon. Season 2 comes out tomorrow.

Comment

I love Prime because we can order something Sunday night and sometimes have it on Monday, Tuesday at the latest.
                          Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
                          * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
                          * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

Comment

I guess tonight I will unwind and look at what shows they offer on Amazon TV. Any shows my family should check out?
                            If you like cars or British humor, check out The Grand Tour.

Comment

I love prime too, we've had it for 3 years. When my daughter started college we got a student account and it's 1/2 the price of regular prime $49 for students. You just need the students school email to verify the account. My kids use it to rent their college textbooks. We have an aquarium so I buy filters and fish food from prime.

Christmas time I buy just about everything from there, Discover gives you 5% rewards during the holidays plus they let you use your discover cash back on the amazon site so sometimes my shipments are free with my reward dollars.

I also like to pick the no rush shipping for a $1 credit that I can save up on the amazon site to use for free first run movies. I'll be off for the holidays so I'll be watching a lot of movies with my free credits :-).

Oh and I love to buy the big bulk of toilet paper! I'm going to check out those paper boats you're talking about. I've stopped buying paper plates because we go thru so much and they've jumped in price so!

Comment

Working...
                              X