Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check beneficiaries on all your accounts and insurances!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check beneficiaries on all your accounts and insurances!

Hey gang!

In order to avoid probate for your loved ones please name beneficiaries for all your savings, checking, investing, and insurance policies.

You avoid probate whereby the courts take a percentage of your money to probate your will. You also avoid having to pay a lawyer.

If you have remarried you need to change the beneficiaries on your insurance and accounts. You really need to check so that you leave your money to those you want to have it.

Advice: CHECK all the beneficiaries on Insurance and accounts! Do it as soon as possible!

Great advice! I have noticed Vanguard emails my husband and I on our birthday's to remind us to check. So check now, but then put a reminder on a calendar to check again each year.

We never actually need to change ours, but if something did happen that would require it, we would be reminded in a timely manner.
    My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

DW and I were just talking about this. I still have my parents listed on all of my accounts. I'll have to get that changed.

Comment

Originally posted by rutgers07 View Post
        DW and I were just talking about this. I still have my parents listed on all of my accounts. I'll have to get that changed.
        Depending on the organization it may be able to be done online.
        My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

Working...
        X