The Saving Advice Forums - A classic personal finance community.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

average net worth based on age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rigz View Post
    With that net worth and your age, you feel "way behind"?

How much would you need to feel on track?
    See my above comment... I won't rest until I am in a position to walk out of my current career and start working for myself. Age is just a part of the calculation when it comes to financial independence as it correlates to life expectancy.

According to calculations to become financially independent, if I were to retire "right now" I'd need around 2.9 million. Of course, that number will slide down as my life expectancy decreases while I continue to work. Once I hit the magic number, I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gina23 View Post
      See my above comment... I won't rest until I am in a position to walk out of my current career and start working for myself. Age is just a part of the calculation when it comes to financial independence as it correlates to life expectancy.

According to calculations to become financially independent, if I were to retire "right now" I'd need around 2.9 million. Of course, that number will slide down as my life expectancy decreases while I continue to work. Once I hit the magic number, I'm out.

I'm confused. You felt way behind - this doesn't describe that at all. Stressed? Sure. Working hard? Yes. But behind? Why do you compare yourself at 35 to where you should be in 20 years?

Not having enough to retire at 35 isn't behind. Your view on work/retirement/goals is very skewed IMO.

Edit: without more details I can't say for sure but I bet, at your rate, you can hit 2.9 million within 10 years. That puts you at 45. How is that "behind"?

Comment

Working...
      X