Great customer service story P.C.Richard and Son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great customer service story P.C.Richard and Son

We bought a new freezer about 2 weeks ago at P.C. Richard and Son, a chain of appliance stores in NJ and NY. This was our first time dealing with them as they are new to our area.

The freezer was delivered on Friday. The guys specifically asked DW what to do with our old freezer. She told them we were keeping it and to put it in the garage. The reason we were keeping it is because I had sold it online. Despite that conversation, the one guy took it out and was loading it onto their truck when the other guy stopped him. They brought it back into the garage.

After they left, DW went to plug it in so we could show the buyer that it was working okay. She discovered that the guys had sliced off the power cord. I don't know why but I guess they do it to keep from getting it caught on stuff when they are moving it. So we were left with a worthless unusable freezer rather than the one I thought I'd be getting $75 for from the online buyer.

I called the store on Monday and spoke to the manager. I explained the situation. Without any hesitation, he apologized and offered to credit my account for $85, $10 more than I was going to get for the freezer. I thanked him and said that I was still stuck with the old freezer in my garage and he put me on hold for a minute and came back and said he'd have a truck there in the morning to pick it up. And they did.

No excuses. No blaming anyone else. No trying to wiggle out of the situation. Just a polite apology and what I felt to be a very satisfactory resolution to the problem. So kudos to P.C. Richard and Son. I've also written to them to thank them for handling this so well. It is nice to know that there are still companies that recognize that without happy customers, they'd be out of business.
    Steve

* Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.
    * Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
    * There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

That is good customer service! Unfortunate for the landfill and the online buyer.
    My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

Not only good customer service, but an almost pleasurable experience. This is rare!

Comment

That is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by creditcardfree View Post
          Unfortunate for the landfill
          I don't believe the old appliances go to the landfill. I'm pretty sure they get taken for recycling of the usable components, sheet metal, etc.
          Steve

* Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?

Comment

That relic will likely never see a landfill with the price of scrap these days. Put it at the curb and watch it vanish well before trash day. Great story.

Comment

What a great experience to have with a compnay. Not all compnaies are that accommodating and helpful!!! This keeps you coming back for more and spreading the word!!! Word of mouth is the best advertising there is!!!

Comment

Originally posted by disneysteve View Post
                I don't believe the old appliances go to the landfill. I'm pretty sure they get taken for recycling of the usable components, sheet metal, etc.
                Good point! I hope that is the case. I'm glad you had great customer service. It is so rare these days.
                My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

What a refreshing experience!

As for the recycling, don't you have a great recycling curbside program, Disneysteve? I think your community is far ahead of many. I know you can't recycle the freezer yourself, but I'm thinking if your curbside recycling is good, they probably do as well with the bigger items.

Comment

Originally posted by rob62521 View Post
                    What a refreshing experience!

As for the recycling, don't you have a great recycling curbside program, Disneysteve? I think your community is far ahead of many. I know you can't recycle the freezer yourself, but I'm thinking if your curbside recycling is good, they probably do as well with the bigger items.
                    We do have a great recycling program. There is currently a state program for recycling older appliances and they even pay us a rebate for replacing them with newer more energy-efficient ones. However, I would have only gotten $50 for the old freezer through that program. Selling it, I could get more and, as it turned out, I ended up getting $85 back from the store, so I didn't bother with the recycling program.
                    Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X