Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling Old Jewelry

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone knew of any other sites besides Craigs List and eBay that would be a good way to sell off some unwanted jewelry? Thanks!

I went to a local jewelers and sold my gold pieces. It is based on the price of gold that day and fortunately for me I went on the day that gold closed its highest in several months.

Don't use the ones that you have to mail your pieces and they send you a check.

You can get several quotes from local jewelers to see who will give you the best price.

Comment

Some of jewelry isn't gold and I didn't really want to go to a pawn shop or use those crazy mail in places either. Are there any other sites out there for this?

Comment

try this one

www dot exboyfriendjewelry dot com

damn rules, I cannot post url

Comment

I sold some gold jewelry ( mostly broken pieces from the 80"s) through a mail in company last year. They were extremely easy to do business with. They negotiate the price with you and will send back items, etc. Payment is almost instant. Easiest $1,100 I've ever made.

Comment

eeyoresmom, what company did you use? How much did your gold weigh? How many carots?
            My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

If you have some fashion jewelry (or any jewelry) that you want to get rid of I would look at consignment stores or antique stores (the ones here don't carry just antiques, so it might be different where you are). If some of the jewelry is vintage, you can sell it on etsy.com.

Comment

I really don't remember exactly how many pieces I sent them ( It was Goldfellows) I sent in a few pieces ( maybe 6?) at first because I really didn't trust the process. When that transaction went so well, I cleaned out my jewelry box. A few pieces were 18K, and I sent in a pair of heavy 14K hoop earrings. This was last year when gold was well over $900 an ounce. not sure what it is now.

Comment

It looks like gold closed at $911 on Friday. It's starting to head back up.
                  My other blog is Your Organized Friend.

Comment

Working...
                  X