How to frugally say "I love you"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to frugally say "I love you"

This question is actually for a niece of mine. She's 23 and her boyfriend of 2 years birthday is coming up. She was asking me for some low cost ways to say "I love you" and I gave her some suggestions, but thought I'd ask everyone here too to give her some more ideas. I'm sure she would appreaciate any and all ideas.

Re: How to frugally say "I love you"

Let's see:
    a heartfelt poem or letter
    a romantic dinner or picnic (even if it has to be indoors)
    a luxurious massage (perhaps after the picnic)
    a homemade gift that she knows he'll love- will depend on her own crafting skills (as an example, I sewed my Dh a hooded robe for Xmas last year that I knew he'd love)

That's all I can come up with for now...

Comment

Little book of favours. Whatever it is that he would like.

Comment

1) Bake a cake...maybe even in the shape of a heart.
        2) Frame a picture or frame a poem.
        3) Make a handmade card (my fiancee adores these...)
        4) Surprise him with a car wash...inside and out. Saving someone time is a fabulous gift!
        5) Balloons ~ just $1 at Dollar Tree, if you have those...for helium filled, with ribbon.
        6) Make a CD of songs. Even if you have to go online and download them for 39 cents each, it's still pretty cheap, and is so personalized. You can create a great CD label too.

Comment

I once took a small jam jar and put small pieces of paper with things that had meaning only to my (then) husband and I...things about our relationship...I then put a label on the jar that said: "reasons we love each other"...

Comment

Than you for all the great suggestions. I will pass them on to her. Please continue to add more. These are great for me too!

Comment

Crosses.....what did your niece end up doing???

Comment

Yes, please let us know

Comment

Sorry, I must have missed this thread and your questions. She giving him two jars. One jar was filled with memories from their past dates and times spend together and the other was filled with the things she wanted to do with him in the future.

She said that it was worked out great and passes along her thnks to all of the suggestions here. The best part is that he took all the things that she wanted to do together in the future and pinned them on his bulliten board. Now when they go out, he picks one of the things she wrote down and the are going through them. It makes them both happy because he said he doesn't have to to about what to do all the time. He has a list that he knows she will enjoy and they can do it. He even made her a list of things he wanted to do. I think it is great for both of them.

Comment

Working...
                  X