Best age for getting Married

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best age for getting Married

I was married at the age of 25 and think this age is best for marriage. Give your suggestions about this.

I think this answer is going to vary for everyone.

I was actually married at 23, and think it was a great age to get married. But, the things I notice with age and among single friends is that the pool was very wide last I dated (I met my spouse at 18 so basically I had my pick of just about anyone - I didn't come across many *taken* men in my teens). Also, people get more set in their ways. At 34? Not sure I could do it again. People have more baggage, are more set in their ways, etc. I appreciate how naive one has to be to get married?

Would our lives be any different if we decided to get married when we were 18/19? I don't think so. We have been pretty *married* since very early on in our own relationship. But, I do appreciate that I kind of get the best of both worlds. Still had some pretty carefree/youthful non-married years, even though I Settled down very young. My parents and grandparents married very young though - VERY happy - so getting married on the young side seems to work for us.

& anyway, I know people re-married in their 60s/70s who are VERY happy. So, I think it can work at any age. Just depends on the people and their commitment. (In this day and age most people are pretty horrified how young I settled down, but I would have been stupid to give up such a good thing simply because I was "young." I think a lot of people do bow to the pressure.)
    Last edited by MonkeyMama; 09-26-2011, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Enjoy yourself, meet people, see the world, go to wild exciting parties, live with several partners, get drunk when you want, do what you want.
      Then when your hair falls out and you start to look ugly - get married.
      I'd say about 50 is the ideal age.

Comment

I'm 24 and not married. A number of my friends are starting to get engaged/married, but it's by no means in the majority yet. I'd say late twenties after you do some self exploration, travel, get settled in your career, etc. is the best time.

Comment

I married my wife after we both graduated college, I was 21 and she was 20. Different time and circumstances. I was facing the Vietnam draft. I think the ideal time for a male is 30-35 and for a woman late 27-32. It is about the time where both partners have matured and had some experince and their careers somewhat set.

Comment

This is kind of like asking what's the best time to fall asleep.

Some people may be mature enough at a younger age, yet others may not be ready by age 35 or even 40. A great deal depends on not only the individual but also the culture.

I believe that the brain does not fully mature until ~age 23, so my personal opinion is that 24+ probably gives the best chance for a life-long relationship.

The worst thing we can do is to get married because we've reached a certain age. The right age is when everything falls together -- maturity, the right person, and the right circumstances.

Comment

I was 27 and it was the best 2 years of my life so far....29 now

I think the key is to date the person for AT LEAST 2 years prior to making the decision though....

Comment

Interesting question. Would have to answer the right age is when you meet Mr or Mrs RIGHT! That being said, what percentage of marriages end in divorce these days? Is marriage going to become a thing of the past at some point, or will it stick around a while longer? Seems when people are on the 4th or 5th marriage it does make you question the institution itself.

Comment

there's no such thing as "right age" to get married. for me, if you are financially, spiritually and emotionally ready...then go and get married! and oops! don't forget the groom/bride!

Comment

When it becomes legal...

Comment

30's work for me.

Comment

According to me it is between 25 to 30.

Comment

Originally posted by markjason View Post
                          I was married at the age of 25 and think this age is best for marriage. Give your suggestions about this.
                          It really depends on the individuals involved, but generally speaking, the later one gets married, the better chance of success (according to the statistics). I think it's important to get yourself established career-wise and to get your finances in order, before you take the plunge. Don't squander your money on a lavish, expensive wedding - it's a complete waste of money. Instead, use this money to either pay down debt, or use it as a down-payment on a home. Much better use of funds, IMO.

Comment

I'd say it depends on who you are marrying and how the relationship has evolved. But for the most, I'd say 30s is a good time granted the relationship is solid. It ain't a race!

Comment

I was 19 and my husband was 22, the important thing is marry someone you really know and love. I know a couple (in their late twenties) who got married after one month of dating, they got engaged the first week, now that I wouldn't suggest.

Comment

Working...
                              X